Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Marketing on the back of your car

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    ::

Hey guys… I’m sure we’ve all seen those large sticker type things on the back of car windows that advertise the persons business.

Such as..

Business Name
    Some other text – phone number and/or website

Anyone know what these cost or how effective they are!?

Thanks!

PaulThomas
    • Total posts: 76
    Up

Hi CondorCreative,

There’s a thread over on the link below with quiet a few ideas etc. It may be helpful to you.

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/sales-marketing/5794-car-sign-writing-request-photos-your-car.html

My thoughts are:

The main point to cover if there is room: What You Do – Business name – Phone – Web URL – Location.

Sometimes the words “Electrician”, for example, with phone number is enough. If you are just after brand awareness, company name and web URL.

KISS is the principle. If there is too much info, you might drive off before anyone can finish reading.

It’s just a part of the marketing mix. If you don’t have a sign then you certainly won’t be getting leads from your vehicle.

Cheers,
    Paul

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Thanks a lot for the link and advice Paul! :)

websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up

I think it depends a lot on your business. I have friends who run a yoga studio and got their cars fully wrapped in Hot Yoga stuff and they look awesome. I’m sure they get people that way.

I had my web design sticker on the back of my car for a while. Never got a client. It just annoyed me and I took it off, ha ha.

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    websitedesigner, post: 116129 wrote:
    I think it depends a lot on your business. I have friends who run a yoga studio and got their cars fully wrapped in Hot Yoga stuff and they look awesome. I’m sure they get people that way.

I had my web design sticker on the back of my car for a while. Never got a client. It just annoyed me and I took it off, ha ha.

How big was the sticker? haha

I thought of bumper stickers but thought they would be useless as they are too small, and people generally ignore bumper stickers if they are advertising something, that’s why I thought something bigger would be better.

mama-rye
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Another option might be a car magnet?

I designed one recently for a client and she is really happy with it i.e. it looks great, and is removable.

Dimensions were 600 x 300mm – cost for the magnet (excluding design work) was approx $120?

Cheers,
    Emma

mama rye / web, mobile & print design
    http://www.mamarye.com.au

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

I had thought, but not yet done, this idea…

Have the sign for the back of your car, eithe permament or one you can put on quicklybut also have a velcro strip on the glass.

The, when you park, attach a thin business card holder via the velcro so people can take your card after they have been attracted by the sign (which may specifically direct them to the card holder.)

Would work best in station wagon style vehicles…

Sure you may lose a few card holders, but it could just work!

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

I use a spare wheel cover (I have a CR-V that has the spare wheel on the back). It was about $240. So far hasn’t resulted in an enquiry, but I figure it doesn’t hurt to have it!

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

I have the rear window of my hatch done. It’s a nuisance when it rains, as you can’t see clearly out, but that doesn’t happen all that often in Perth anyway lol. And, usually when it’s raining people have their lights on anyway, so problem solved.

Mine was $450 from Signarama Joondalup.

If you wanted a cheaper option, the four bullet points were only $60, so perhaps you could get your website, business description and phone number done?

Picture here

Wendy :)

sarahjoy
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

I’ve seen some really fantastic car signage done – the most important thing would be to either have a really creative idea or have an amazing graphic designer on board.

King’s idea about the business card holder is pretty neat too!

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Couple It, post: 116220 wrote:
    I have the rear window of my hatch done. It’s a nuisance when it rains, as you can’t see clearly out, but that doesn’t happen all that often in Perth anyway lol. And, usually when it’s raining people have their lights on anyway, so problem solved.

Mine was $450 from Signarama Joondalup.

If you wanted a cheaper option, the four bullet points were only $60, so perhaps you could get your website, business description and phone number done?

Picture here

Haha…. that looks awesome Wendy! Although I thought you weren’t allowed to cover the whole back window like that? ….or can you see out of it still?

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

You can see out of it Brett…it’s totally clear from the inside looking out. Until it rains :(

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

All I had on the rear window of my work vehicle was a descreet sign on the left hand side which just said www.
    theoneroom.
    com
    caught more fish than I wanted.
    We issue all our members of WoolSafe 3 decals one on the rear and one for each side.
    ICAN we give two decals one for the front and one for the rear.
    The rear attracts much more business as vehicles following can see it clearly
    and when parked passers by see it

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

another way of promoting is this

HBTRADE
    • Total posts: 125
    Up

Had the back window of the camry done for under $400 through signarama.

It’s also great defense against the clowns that come up behind with high-beam….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.