Home – New Forums Get productive Marketing PM Tools for consultants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MarketinginMelbourne
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone. I have two micro businesses i am doing a marketing strategy and plan for and both are in desperate need of marketing help. One is a tradie and one is an event design company. I am going to help them with their marketing but the budget is low so I really need to find the most efficient way to manage the relationship and the various projects.

I specifically need a tool that will do the following:

1) House the marketing strategies ideas and opportunities that I develop (that we can both edit)
    2) Help me project manage all the marketing opportunities, campaigns and various activities
    3) Manage the ongoing communication between myself and client and other parties.

Is using Word, Excel, and email still the best way to communicate or has something better been created? I know there are PM tools around but haven’t seen anything great as yet. I have used a bunch of tools like Basecamp, Highrise, Google Docs, DropBox to make things more efficient in the past but I still feel there could be something better out there.

I really want something that works well in the cloud so we are not tied to our computer

Thoughts appreciated.
    Thank you
    Dina

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

You could use a project management platform like basecape, or clarizen. There are a lot of different options that will do these things.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

I used this one for a while, sounds like it might fit your requirements;

https://www.mavenlink.com

It’s really well designed as a collaboration tool, IMO.

They have a reasonable “free” plan to try it out. Might be worth a look.

MarketinginMelbourne
    Up
    Octopus Labs, post: 192086 wrote:
    You could use a project management platform like basecape, or clarizen. There are a lot of different options that will do these things.

I have been looking at Basecamp. I don’t think its that great. I know there are alot of options out there but that’s the problem. I dont have 50 hours to spend researching. I’m trying to get to a shortlist.

Thanks though!

Daniel Mitchell
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Hi there

I recently researched and fully tested over 30 cloud based project management products to try and find the best fit for my purposes. Mine was slightly different as not only did I want it for smaller projects that just needed the collaboration and central portal, but I also wanted more advanced project management features that included budgeting, scheduling, Gantt charts etc. Of the 30 options there were less than 10 that I thought were great products and only 1 which fit my needs.

The problem is that of those 10 great options it was only little things that held them back from being right for me and you may find them perfectly suitable for you. Traditionally the ‘best’ software products still required you to make compromises whereas today you have so many options you can find something that really fits your needs. The ones you’ve listed already are good – definitely try Mavenlink though if you haven’t already. Perhaps if you can indicate some of the reasons you didn’t like the ones you’ve already tested we can give you suggestions of other options which meet these needs

All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarketinginMelbourne
    Up

Thanks everyone.

I’ve investigated Mavenlink and it is really good for project management!

However now I’ve got onto Insightly. It does project management and the CRM side too. I just wish they’d update the design.

Anyone tried Insightly?

gidgetmedia
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

I’ve been trying Insightly. It’s pretty user-friendly, and I like that it works with my google apps gmail account (I set this up specifically to use it with Insightly).

Totally agree that it could look nicer, MarketinginMelbourne.

It’s working pretty well for me though.

angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Hi Dina,

I just saw this post and thought maybe I could help… for my business, we find that Trello is an excellent project management tool. It’s free and really simple and customisable.

You just create task lists and drop and drag them around. I usually create a “to do” list, a “doing” list, and a “done” list and drag my tasks into each as I work on them. There’s also features like uploading, checklists, labels, time stamps, etc.

You can make these lists visible to your clients so that they can see what you are working on and what needs to be done.

I highly recommend it :-)

Angela

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.