Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Marketing signs on median strips

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    ::

Hey guys…… I was wondering what the deal is with those signs you see sometimes which are placed usually on a tire or something and on the median strip of the roads. Do you know what I mean?

If so, what’s the deal with those? Do you need council approval or can you just shove them there?

Thanks!

Gavin_S
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

Hi Condor,
    You’ll need a permit if it’s not on private property (and even on private property there is rules around signage so it’s best to ask your local council).
    There will be some local advertising companies that offer billboards on trailers – they often get around the need for a permit because they are using a registered trailer (parked on the road).
    Before spending money on it though I’d look for some more cost effective methods, such as SEO, SEM, and PPC on LinkedIn.
    Good luck!

Gavin

T J Madigan
    • Total posts: 255
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 116033 wrote:
    Hey guys…… I was wondering what the deal is with those signs you see sometimes which are placed usually on a tire or something and on the median strip of the roads. Do you know what I mean?

If so, what’s the deal with those? Do you need council approval or can you just shove them there?

Thanks!

Advertising in the middle of the road (median strip) is illegal and dangerous. Or did you mean on the footpath along the side of the road?

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Thanks a lot Gavin!

T J Madigan, post: 116042 wrote:
    Advertising in the middle of the road (median strip) is illegal and dangerous. Or did you mean on the footpath along the side of the road?

It’s not illegal and it’s certainly not dangerous lol….. I don’t mean on the side of the ride on the footpath, I mean on the end of the median strips near the traffic lights. The median strips that are large that have like garden beds in them or something.

Similar to this……

loxton.jpg

PaulThomas
    • Total posts: 76
    Up

That is one tidy median strip!

To be honest, I would never contact a business that plops ads on a median strip. The message could get totally lost in it’s delivery … And your sign might get run over by a … tram?

tram1.jpg

There’s an idea! Put the sign on the tram!

Cheers,
    Paul

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Before spending money on it though I’d look for some more cost effective methods, such as SEO, SEM, and PPC on LinkedIn.

Thanks, I needed a good chuckle….

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

Can’t imagine this being a very effective form of advertising to be honest.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.