Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Marketing to high end marketing professionals

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up
    ::

Hello

as I change the direction of my business and focus more so on trade show marketing

I think- ok that’s great but how how do I market to marketing bosses that are in charge of large exhibit space

how do I expand and market to asia pacific as apposed to just Australia

In the past I have marketed to the small business but truth is because prices are way lower I really don’t want to do this anymore I can make more money doing a single 45 minute stage show than working a 2 day trade show

I want big customers with more money to spend, call me greedy but the 5 years working for small business has got me not much in the bank (which is why I have been doing kids parties to stay afloat)

how do I grow from small business clients to large ones, how do I market my services to Asia pacific?

MargaretO
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

Some random thoughts off the top of my head…
    * get a clear definition / picture of what business you’re after
    * start talking to people (I’m sure you do that already) and explain why you’re right for that market
    * network / be at the kinds of events your target audience might attend
    * who do you know (or who can you introduce yourself to) that offers a related (but not competitive) service in the bigger business end
    * can you subcontract to a larger firm already servicing your target market? Will help you refine the “ideal customer”
    * up your prices, sounds to me you feel you’re getting ripped off by your customers
    * keep focused on what you want

Sorry, no experience with APAC

Keep us (FS community) posted – if you’re getting discouraged and need a lift from the group, or you win that big contract. Wishing you all the best!

MargaretO
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

Some random thoughts off the top of my head…
    * get a clear definition / picture of what business you’re after
    * start talking to people (I’m sure you do that already) and explain why you’re right for that market
    * network / be at the kinds of events your target audience might attend
    * who do you know (or who can you introduce yourself to) that offers a related (but not competitive) service in the bigger business end
    * can you subcontract to a larger firm already servicing your target market? Will help you refine the “ideal customer”
    * up your prices, sounds to me you feel you’re getting ripped off by your customers
    * keep focused on what you want

Sorry, no experience with APAC

Keep us (FS community) posted – if you’re getting discouraged and need a lift from the group, or you win that big contract. Wishing you all the best!

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

so you want to market to the mass affluent? good choice. they are very fussy but are also willing to pay for top service.

I suggest you search for articles, books, courses on marketing/ selling/ networking to the affluent.

they are a different breed and if you are not from that circle, you need to understand their psyche and buying habits (generally ego and wanting to be the first or having the biggest).

I would start by investing in this course if you can afford it. It’s worth the investment and if you don’t thinks so, you can always ask for your money back.

Just go through it at least twice to get a firm understanding of the buying behaviour. Also subscribe to the Robb Report and study their writing style. read everything even though you might think that the article has nothing to do with your business. maybe so but it reveals the behaviour and mindset of the affluent market.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

so you want to market to the mass affluent? good choice. they are very fussy but are also willing to pay for top service.

I suggest you search for articles, books, courses on marketing/ selling/ networking to the affluent.

they are a different breed and if you are not from that circle, you need to understand their psyche and buying habits (generally ego and wanting to be the first or having the biggest).

I would start by investing in this course if you can afford it. It’s worth the investment and if you don’t thinks so, you can always ask for your money back.

Just go through it at least twice to get a firm understanding of the buying behaviour. Also subscribe to the Robb Report and study their writing style. read everything even though you might think that the article has nothing to do with your business. maybe so but it reveals the behaviour and mindset of the affluent market.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Have you tried corporate event organisers? Maybe opt for thinking service provider rather than marketing.

Maybe even outside the circle stuff like wedding receptions, corporate retreats.

The product (show) would of course need to reflect the event – so corporate retreat, maybe tricks/illusions that tie-in/reinforce.

Of course for marketing, you cannot beat the phone, to make appointments. Then go along and show then that the benefits of using your services is not just an illusion ….

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Have you tried corporate event organisers? Maybe opt for thinking service provider rather than marketing.

Maybe even outside the circle stuff like wedding receptions, corporate retreats.

The product (show) would of course need to reflect the event – so corporate retreat, maybe tricks/illusions that tie-in/reinforce.

Of course for marketing, you cannot beat the phone, to make appointments. Then go along and show then that the benefits of using your services is not just an illusion ….

The Infotainer
    Up
    King, post: 100961 wrote:

actually these morons are who I am trying to get away from, I already do all that stuff, dealing with event organisers has left me depressed

oh my it’s christmas I gotta do christmas stuff such as …….. nope I can’t think of anything carrying on

The big thing here is I will do some corporate entertainment shows (conference dinner etc ) but I want to focus on trade show exhibitors

One of the biggest mistakes I have made is when targeting my trade show entertainment customers I have marketed to event organisers who are not actually my customers . Marketing bosses are my customers not event organisers who know nothing about trade shows if you have time hunt down event organiser websites and click trade shows if they have a button- the info is all generalised their portfolio’s don’t have any trade show events for individual exhibitors (nor do any of the marketing firms out there)

As a trade show entertainer I am not an entertainer (I am the infotainer) but more so I am a marketing service and will market myself as a marketing service as aposed to event entertainment, I also consult and train on how to generate leads http://www.tradeshowcrowdbuilder.com.au will be upgraded soon

The Infotainer
    Up
    King, post: 100961 wrote:

actually these morons are who I am trying to get away from, I already do all that stuff, dealing with event organisers has left me depressed

oh my it’s christmas I gotta do christmas stuff such as …….. nope I can’t think of anything carrying on

The big thing here is I will do some corporate entertainment shows (conference dinner etc ) but I want to focus on trade show exhibitors

One of the biggest mistakes I have made is when targeting my trade show entertainment customers I have marketed to event organisers who are not actually my customers . Marketing bosses are my customers not event organisers who know nothing about trade shows if you have time hunt down event organiser websites and click trade shows if they have a button- the info is all generalised their portfolio’s don’t have any trade show events for individual exhibitors (nor do any of the marketing firms out there)

As a trade show entertainer I am not an entertainer (I am the infotainer) but more so I am a marketing service and will market myself as a marketing service as aposed to event entertainment, I also consult and train on how to generate leads http://www.tradeshowcrowdbuilder.com.au will be upgraded soon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.