Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Marketing to web designers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike76
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hey everyone,

I’ve been working hard on my product (http://www.EzyOnlineBookings.com) over the last few months, adding features as requested by my customers. It’s an online booking system that integrates with any website.

I havn’t really been focusing on marketing the product yet, as I’ve been focusing mainly on perfecting the system.

I’m at a point now where I’d like to market the product more. I’ve tried adwords, and maybe i’m not using it right, but it seems like a bottomless moneypit – costs more than the sales it brings in.

Most of my customers are actually web designers who choose the system for their clients, so I think that this is where I need to focus my marketing energy.

My question for all you web designers out there, I’d love to hear some suggestions on where to advertise my product to people in your industry – are there specific websites or newsletters that are widely read by people in the web design community?

Many thanks for your help :)

Mike

RedPlanet
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    Mike76, post: 159908 wrote:
    I’m at a point now where I’d like to market the product more. I’ve tried adwords, and maybe i’m not using it right, but it seems like a bottomless moneypit – costs more than the sales it brings in. I also have found clients losing money on the PPC ads, its just incredibly wasteful for some.

Good idea – go straight to those who would integrate it. I work with a website designer, and I think he reads no real magazines!

I know many webbies tend to frequent the Forums… Port80 run by the Aust Web Industry Association (they also run meetups in Aust capital cities). Another option is to ring some up or hire a telemarketer (without a foreign voice).

I have heard this reviewing service recommended, there is a service called ReviewMe I dont know how good it is for a local market, but if worldwide is OK, it seems reasonable.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi,

Does your system cater to hotel and accommodation bookings?

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

Maybe you could release a stripped back free version and try and get it featured on whatever sites you go to for these kind of things…

Mike76
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Thanks very much for the suggestions RedPlanet, I’ll defiantly follow up on those. I didn’t think of review type sites, but that’s a great idea. I bet it’s good for SEO as well.

Matthew – the system doesn’t really cator for hotel and accommodation bookings. It’s designed for same-day type appointments, like haircuts, room bookings, massage, etc.

That’s a great idea bluepenguin about releasing a free stripped down version of the product. I’ll look at doing this as well. Thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.