Home – New Forums Marketing mastery marketing via instagram

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Christina2590
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I created my instagram account for my new business a few weeks ago and it was all working fine until last week when I stopped getting likes and followers, its like all my hashtags stopped working. Has anyone else experienced this? any I doing something wrong or is there a issue with instagram?

Kylie Holbeck
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

I haven’t had alot of luck with my business instagram account. I think it is very dependent on what you have to offer. Instragram has changed the way business pages are displayed in feeds also. I get hundreds of likes on my personal page. What is your business I’d love to have a look. :)

Christina2590
    Up
    Kylie Holbeck, post: 238423, member: 82064 wrote:
    I haven’t had alot of luck with my business instagram account. I think it is very dependent on what you have to offer. Instragram has changed the way business pages are displayed in feeds also. I get hundreds of likes on my personal page. What is your business I’d love to have a look. :)

Hi,
    I wonder what they changed on the business accounts :| when I created my first instagram, it worked fine I got a lot of likes and followers then suddenly they stoped, I thought maybe my account was blocked so I tried opening a new one and its still the same thing. I have a friend who uses instagram for her business and she doesn’t seem to have any issues.

I am creating a natural and organic skincare line, my website is still getting created so I thought I would get a head start on instagram, I only have 3 pics on there but you are welcome to have a look my username is iolanabody :)

Kylie Holbeck
    Up

Looks like that account isn’t there. See attached screen shot from my search

Christina2590
    Up
    Kylie Holbeck, post: 238437, member: 82064 wrote:
    Looks like that account isn’t there. See attached screen shot from my search

oops sorry my username is actually iolanabod

Kylie Holbeck
    Up

I found your page but there are only 3 photos. Have you uploaded more than that? Keep posting and you will get more followers

Christina2590
    Up
    Kylie Holbeck, post: 238481, member: 82064 wrote:
    I found your page but there are only 3 photos. Have you uploaded more than that? Keep posting and you will get more followers

On an old account i did have a few more but then i deleted it as i thought there was something wrong with the account, I then created this new account only to discover that there is actually wrong with some instagram accounts which is why im not getting any likes so I guess I will just need to wait until they fix it and then start posting again.

thekindconsultant
    • Total posts: 105
    Up

If you have simply posted some pics with some hashtags and expect to get likes and follows based on the hashtags, it will plateau. New content is being published against those hashtags every day, every hour, every minute. It won’t be long before your images are pushed below the fold never to be seen again.

These should be your priorities to begin with:

1. Publish Great Images

Before you launch a shop it needs to be fitted out just right, be nicely merchandised, and have a range of products. Your Instagram page should be the same – it ought to be an exciting place for people to visit. What is someone going to do if they land on an empty page? They’re just going to bounce off and probably never return.

On my iPhone 6 there are nine images above the fold. You want to encourage people to scroll, so over the next week publish ~15 awesome images that epitomise your brand, values, and tell your story. These images can be a combination of ones you have taken yourself and regrams. But make sure they’re eye-catching and represent your brand. Also, be mindful of how they render together, on your page.

The point of this step is to have a page worth liking, when somebody stumbles upon one of your images. New brands often get social media the wrong way around. They put driving traffic ahead of having an optimised page – be it social media page or website. Make sure your house is in order before inviting anyone around.

2. Find Out Where Your Target Audience Is

It’s no good just using a load of hashtags if they are not relevant to your audience. Find out what hashtags they use and what other brands they follow.

3. Engage With Your Audience Authentically

This is how you will build your audience. Engage with them. Like their content. Leave meaningful comments that encourage two-way conversation. Have them saying in their head, “This Iolanabod brand is interesting…”

4. Keep Publishing Awesome Content

This goes without saying.

If you have any more questions, feel free to flick me an email. I have years of experience in the organic/green industry and have used Instagram extensively for businesses in these spaces.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.