Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Marketing with business cards

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up
    ::

Recession Tip – downsize your promo printing to Business Card size

Business cards offer a cheap, portable way to pass on information about your business. But business card size stock can be used for more than just displaying contact details. Try these ideas to make the most of this affordable printing option.

– Print a special offer / promotion on business card size
    – Use business cards as gift vouchers, loyalty cards or discount coupons
    – Print a summary of your goods / services to create a “mini brochure” – if it won’t fit on a business card, go for an “A-frame” business card, ie. twice the size folded in half
    – Use a business card to print a short survey
    – Use them for invitations to an event
    – Create a tiny greeting card to attach to goods

You’re limited only by your imagination! Add your own ideas here.

Leisa

allcreative
    • Total posts: 54
    Up

Hi Leisa,

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but posting is not just for ads. Meaningful content, opinions, thoughts, etc are generally taken a little better than a straight forward ad.

You can use your signature or much more subtle forms of promoting your products without the blatant ad-posts. I am speaking for myself here, but I would hazard a guess others think the same and I’m not sure the approach you’ve taken actually gets any clicks through to your site whatsoever.

Cheers,
    Joel

Leisa D
    Up

When I re-read it, it was a bit “adlike” though it was intended as a tip to save money on printing, using business cards as a cheap way to get info out there. Post has been edited.
    Leisa

allcreative
    • Total posts: 54
    Up
    leisadent, post: 8857 wrote:
    When I re-read it, it was a bit “adlike” though it was intended as a tip to save money on printing, using business cards as a cheap way to get info out there. Post has been edited.
    Leisa

No worries Leisa, it looks a little better :)

I definitely agree that they can be used as promotional items and not just the plain old cards that people it into the business cards draws in stores :)

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

I have found that a double sided postcard size (14 x 11 cm) works very well for my type of work and probably for any sort of creative line of work. They don’t get lost as easily as a standard business card and look more attractive/noticeable.

I do have business cards but only for when the occasion needs it. Though even at any sort of networking function I still give out my postcards.

Leisa D
    Up

Postcards are great too, many of my clients go for DL size postcards as a cheaper alternative to the tri-fold brochure for displaying in a brochure stand.

eddron
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Great ideas leisadent. I’ve added them to my marketing wiki list on business cards. http://whamwiki.com/index.php?title=Business_Cards

Please feel free to add to the list.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

For years Ive been using magnets, but then I go into peoples homes.

However although Ive retired Ive started to use a business card again as I can put on it what I want to tell my customer. Like business hours/days and that Im happy to teach people how to clean carpets and remove stains.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.