Home – New Forums Tech talk McAfee blunder – did it affect you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up
    ::

It certainly affected me and it took me 10+ hours to get it sorted. Why so long? Because there was no fix posted this morning (I discovered the problem just before 6.30am) and there was lots of speculation on how to fix it. The computer company (DELL) was even telling me I would have to reformat because System Restore would not work.

Full story at http://vadirectory.net/blog/mcafee-not-in-my-good-books/

Thankfully I have my computer working again but not pleased about not getting any work done today. I am not going to lose sleep over it tonight and won’t be working into the late hours.

Watotech
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

This isnt good but this is one of the reasons I don’t like mcafee it bloatware that’s why I switched along time ago to something with a smaller footprint that does just as good of a job

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Yes, I hear that after the event from a number of people but only heard good things when I was originally researching the program about a year ago. At that stage I was having challenges with another program. I’ve actually gone through 4 or 5 programs in the years I’ve been on the internet, or at least once these types of programs had to be developed. I’ve been online since 1996.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.