Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Meet-ups @ Crows Nest 9am Thurs every Fortnight

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up
    ::
    This Group has now Ended

Our Last meeting was
    Thursday 28th November 2013 @ 9am

Sparrow Cafe
    Shop 2, 59-61 Willoughby Rd
    Crows Nest
    There is 2 hours free parking (at the Holterman St Parking Station).
    New Members are always welcome, no need to RSVP,
    we are usually always seated outside the shop (unless raining).
    Savvy Steve
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    thegrizzle, post: 140747 wrote:
    A big thanks to everyone who came along to the meet up this morning, was a great turn out!

Look forward to catching up with you all in a fortnights time. Apologies again for no business cards, they are in print :)

Thank you to everyone who turned up this morning. It was an enlightening experience.

Cheers

ecommerce_joe
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Thanks for organising the meetup. learning heaps from everyone. will definitely go again next time.

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

Was great to catch up.

I actually think that I can make the next meet up as well :D

Cat :)

CouttsB.P
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

I would really like to come.
    however i’m booked so my question is..

Will you be running the meeting through december??

Brent@Ontrax
    Up

Hi CouttsB.P

I’m sure there wil be 1 on the 7th December but I’d say that may be the last 1 for the year. I suppose that is something that needs to be discussed next week. Stay tuned.

The last meet-up we were there for a couple of hours, so depending on what time your appointment finishes, there may be someone still there.

Brent

Chris@Tapestry
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi Y’all,
    Great to meet you last time and looking forward to seeing you all and more this Thursday 29th @ 9am. Let’s keep it to the coffee club but bring along suggestions if you think there might be a quieter place able to accomodate in the future.

See you then.
    c

Sublime Studios
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Brent@Ontrax, post: 140744 wrote:
    Meeting at 9am every Thursday Fortnight at
    The Coffee Club @ Westfield Chatswood
    the next Meet-up is
    Thursday 29th November @ 9am

Just wanted to know if we just turn up or is an RSVP needed? Will know schedule wednesday. Thanks Sandra

Brent@Ontrax
    Up
    Sublime Studios, post: 142514 wrote:
    Just wanted to know if we just turn up or is an RSVP needed? Will know schedule wednesday. Thanks Sandra

Sandra,

Just come on down. There was about 10 of us last time, so we should stand out.

Brent

ambpixel
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

The last meet up was great. Look forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow!
    Ann and Rebecca.

ecommerce_joe
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Count me in, would love to see you guys again to see how everything is progressing.

worldly
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    thegrizzle, post: 142987 wrote:
    Hey everyone!

Enjoyed catching up with everyone again last Thursday and it was great to see some new faces join the group!

Had a couple of thoughts about the group and thought I’d throw them out there.

Anyone keen on changing the last meet of the year to an afternoon christmas drink? It’s often hard to move around at the Coffee Club and have a chat with everyone and it is Christmas so I thought it’s worth a toast!

Also, in terms of sustaining interest in the meet long term, I wonder if anyone has any ideas on how we can make the meets more constructive? I guess this really depends on the reasons each individual attends the group (i.e. social interaction, sharing ideas/knowledge, networking, or a mixture of all), but with such a wide variety of backgrounds and interests I wondered if perhaps a topic each week (just a suggestion) might help us make the most out of everyone’s knowledge and time?

Interested to hear everyone’s thoughts :)

Hi Bridgette,

Was great meeting you last week, also good to see the ebay store you were talking about.

Here are some suggestions hat ive seten elsewhere;

* Have some structured activities that involves feedback on an idea or problem.
    * Match up people that have problems with people that have solved those problems.

I probably cant make an evening this time of year with such short notice but would try if that’s what happens.

Mitch

Brent@Ontrax
    Up
    thegrizzle, post: 142987 wrote:
    Anyone keen on changing the last meet of the year to an afternoon christmas drink? It’s often hard to move around at the Coffee Club and have a chat with everyone and it is Christmas so I thought it’s worth a toast!

What if we met on the same day but later and at the St Leonards Tavern. Close to the Train for those who wish to come via public transport. Website link below.

http://www.stleonardstavern.com.au/

Sublime Studios
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

hello solists
    Last meeting the idea was thrown around to move location to Crows Nest.

I’ve asked the owner at ‘Sparrow’ cafe and he’s all for it. I just need to loosely confirm the night before.

There’s was lots of good response to the move – everyone up for a change of scenery? There’s the council parking (2hrs free) and good transport from city by train to St Leonards(about 5 min walk to Sparrow), or bus into Crows Nest.

Thanks Sandra

Brent@Ontrax
    Up

I’m fine with it, but maybe we keep the Last meeting for the year at the old place and then relocate in the new year, giving heaps of notice as I know not everyone who attends reads this forum thread regularly. Just putting it out there.

Brent

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.