• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up
    ::

So I’m having a hard time getting my head around the deal with FS Meetups. I see there’s a meetup section with different states, but who’s meetups are they?

Can anyone post a meetup in these sections, or is a FS controlled activity? I read through the guidelines but still wasn’t sure if FS was somehow facilitating the meetup activities, or is it just a way for our own Meetups to be publicised via FS??????

I’ve got several networking meetups scheduled privately that’d I’d like to share with the FS community but just not sure where my activity ends and where FS potentially begins? Help please…

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

Bump? Mods?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Stuart,

Apologies that your query somehow got overlooked last week. 😮

Flying Solo doesn’t organise or facilitate any meetups – we just provide the facility to schedule and share meetups started and attended by our community members, and also do what we can to publicise them here on the FS website and also on social media (Facebook and Twitter) and in our Friday newsletter.

You’re very welcome to post the details of your events on the dedicated Flying Solo page on meetup.com in the community nearest you, or to start a new community local to your area – presuming that the events you’re thinking of comply with our definition of what a meetup is:

Quote:
    Small, informal face-to-face get-togethers, where members build relationships and support one another…

Meetup group sizes vary from as few as 3-4 people, up to as many as a dozen plus. These groups typically meet in cafés, libraries or other public spaces, and offer a place to:

• Connect with people who share your passion for running your own show and appreciate every one of the joys and hardships that involves
    • Get to know other business owners within your local area
    • Openly share experiences and tips
    • Explore individual challenges
    • Maintain a strong sense of group and individual accountability
    • Contribute ideas and solutions to a greater knowledge pool

Hope that helps, and please get in touch again if you have additional questions – I’m really sorry for keeping you waiting with this reply.

Jayne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.