Home – New Forums Logistics Melbourne 3PL for Flying Soloist type business – query

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Hi All

Understanding that 3PL has been dredged through the forums lots, i wanted to post a new thread to get more current information as most relevant threads appear to be over 12 months old (unless i am missing some posts) or so.

Am interested in seeing if there are any recommended 3PL suppliers out of Melbourne for maybe 1-4 Pallets with only 6-12 SKU’s? Looking for reputable, cost effective and easy to deal with operators – if available?

What i have experienced to date is that there are a few available, Sydney mainly, although most appear to be switched on to work closely with larger business operators and more stock movements than i may be able to accommodate at first.

Looking forward to some recommendations and some updated advice from you locals :)

TY
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    SashaB
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hi Jason,

Can’t recommend any 3PL companies, but reading this and talking to quite a few people about the same subject, it really makes me want to start a 3PL for small businesses.

Do you mind if I private message you? Just want to get an understanding of what you would expect from a 3PL provider.

Sasha

SourceSmart
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

Hey Jason,

I have used in the past and will again use for a container i have coming in the next few weeks a company called Parkvue storage in Braeside.. Prices on their website.

I have used them in the past for 1-6 pallets and found them to be good..

Warren.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    SashaB, post: 207482 wrote:
    Hi Jason,

Can’t recommend any 3PL companies, but reading this and talking to quite a few people about the same subject, it really makes me want to start a 3PL for small businesses.

Do you mind if I private message you? Just want to get an understanding of what you would expect from a 3PL provider.

Sasha

Hi Sasha

No probs on sending PM (although i better go clean it up :) ).

Although not sure how helpful i will be as unsure what i need, what is on offer and prices etc.. So i am a little lost, of a few operators i have called no one has returned my messages :(

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    SourceSmart, post: 207490 wrote:
    Hey Jason,

I have used in the past and will again use for a container i have coming in the next few weeks a company called Parkvue storage in Braeside.. Prices on their website.

I have used them in the past for 1-6 pallets and found them to be good..

Warren.

Hi Warren

Sorry mate, been a bit busy to reply properly.

Thanks for the info, headed to web site and have left message with them as no pricing available for pick and pack process. Just waiting :)

Cheers and thanks again, this is proving an interesting exercise.

Jason

SourceSmart
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

hey Jason,

How did you go with your 3PL exercise?

I had 9 pallets arrive to this warehouse last Friday.

Warren.

DaveN
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

Have a look at Gumtree also, search for pallet space or warehouse space. There’s a few on there with pricing for services.

Someone also referred me to http://www.crossdocks.com.au/ also but I still have to reach out to them to find out costs.

One example from Gumtree:

We have over 200 pallet spaces 1165 x 1165 x 1.5 available for long term lease . Warehouse with high roof , full Security . Access Mon – Fri only 8.00am – 4.00pm .Clayton area off Centre Rd . Only $3.50 per pallet per week . Lift off $2.00 / Lift on $2.00 per pallet . Goods must be NON Flamable and wrapped .

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    SourceSmart, post: 207943 wrote:
    hey Jason,

How did you go with your 3PL exercise?

I had 9 pallets arrive to this warehouse last Friday.

Warren.

Hey Warren,

Thank fro checking up on me :)

To be honest, i am struggling with this entire process.. Have received a few recommendations, such as yours, of which i looked into.. Checked out websites (most picking info is missing) and called each relevant business. The problem has been not 1 business has called me back. They all vet the sales lead, pass it on to ‘sales’ and i am still waiting on any information or follow up from each..

Will update if this changes, actually i may just give your guys a second call later today though…

Cheers
    Jason

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    SashaB, post: 207482 wrote:
    Hi Jason,

SashaOne of the more popular threads I made years ago was talking about this.

Have sent you a PM

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    DaveN, post: 207968 wrote:
    Have a look at Gumtree also, search for pallet space or warehouse space. There’s a few on there with pricing for services.

Someone also referred me to http://www.crossdocks.com.au/ also but I still have to reach out to them to find out costs.

One example from Gumtree:

We have over 200 pallet spaces 1165 x 1165 x 1.5 available for long term lease . Warehouse with high roof , full Security . Access Mon – Fri only 8.00am – 4.00pm .Clayton area off Centre Rd . Only $3.50 per pallet per week . Lift off $2.00 / Lift on $2.00 per pallet . Goods must be NON Flamable and wrapped .

Hi Dave

Thanks for this, will look at crossdocks now.. although i am a litte apprehensive about gumtree as heard a few ‘bad’ experiences…

Cheers
    Jason

MatthewKeath
    Up
    DaveN, post: 207968 wrote:

Ha, I used to work for them years ago.

More suited to larger orgs at the time but that may have changed.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 207984 wrote:
    Ha, I used to work for them years ago.

More suited to larger orgs at the time but that may have changed.

Based on web site, appears to be geared at a higher level.. but will look further into it :)

Hope you been well mate.

Jason

MatthewKeath
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 207985 wrote:
    Based on web site, appears to be geared at a higher level.. but will look further into it :)

Hope you been well mate.

JasonDoesn’t look like they have updated their site since I remembering them having it build 10 years ago.

Going good! Beautiful day here in Melbourne.

DaveN
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

There was another one on Gumtree based in Footscray from memory which looked quite large and listed most costs such as labelling, pallets in and pallets out etc but yes always need to be careful on Gumtree.

SashaB
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 207981 wrote:
    One of the more popular threads I made years ago was talking about this.

Have sent you a PM

Hey sorry for the late reply, have msged you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.