Home – New Forums Logistics Melbourne 3PL for Flying Soloist type business – query

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::
    MatthewKeath, post: 207981 wrote:
    One of the more popular threads I made years ago was talking about this.

Have sent you a PM

Where is my PM, im the one asking about 3PL now.. LOL :p

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Hi all that have read this post,

Thanks in advance as well :).. As its been up a week, i just thought i would update you all…

Spoke to several (maybe 6 or 7 providers) as in a first instance phone call and was advised on most occasions that ‘someone’ will call me back with more specifics.. Of which the total sum or returned calls to date has been ZERO!

Is this normal? All i am asking for is more detailed pricing on charges associated with picking and sending stock that i want to store and have processed for me? Most are happy to disclose cost of pallet, size of pallet and a few other minor costs although not enough for me to evaluate the viability of this process for the idea i was considering..

If anyone has some raw numbers or approximates that they are happy to share, i would appreciate this. I know i am asking a lot, as its personal, but if you can share this would mean the world to me..

Example: am trying to establish monthly cost to store say 6 pallets with maybe 12 SKUS and maybe 20 parcels per week out.. Have numbers on pallet storage per week of between $5-8 with minimum spends of $100+ per month required to maintain the service.. but unsure on the picking and sending costs? what is it to:
    – Pick the product
    – Send the product (satchel sized items)
    – Unpack stock on arrival at 3pl
    – Fork on and off etc
    – miscellaneous charges cos i am sure i am missing some things..

Thanks again for reading this everyone, and your input.

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    EmJae
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 207284 wrote:
    Hi All

Understanding that 3PL has been dredged through the forums lots, i wanted to post a new thread to get more current information as most relevant threads appear to be over 12 months old (unless i am missing some posts) or so.

Am interested in seeing if there are any recommended 3PL suppliers out of Melbourne for maybe 1-4 Pallets with only 6-12 SKU’s? Looking for reputable, cost effective and easy to deal with operators – if available?

What i have experienced to date is that there are a few available, Sydney mainly, although most appear to be switched on to work closely with larger business operators and more stock movements than i may be able to accommodate at first.

Looking forward to some recommendations and some updated advice from you locals :)

TY
    Jason

Hi Jason,

Have you tried contacting National Products Fulfilment? Try to visit their website http://www.npfulfilment.com.au/ and get a free quote. They have competitive rates and will most likely call you back to answer all your enquiries.

Regards,
    EmJae

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    EmJae, post: 208669 wrote:
    Hi Jason,

Have you tried contacting National Products Fulfilment? Try to visit their website http://www.npfulfilment.com.au/ and get a free quote. They have competitive rates and will most likely call you back to answer all your enquiries.

Regards,
    EmJae

Hi EmJae

Thanks for your post..

Yes we did contact them via the online chat and spent some time responding to lots of their questions (although i felt like i was imposing on their time) to get a reply a few days later advising that they can not help us.

Not even sure i was dealing with someone in Australia to be honest :( which wouldnt really suit me for a ‘local’ 3pl provider.

Still trying to locate some more information, i have spoken to one semi-provider that was referred to us with costs very good and seems like great people although i need to consider the locality along with the long term strategy as i am not 100% sure they will support it completely moving forward in periods of growth. Must head across to their site to double check next.

Cheers
    Jason

BTi Logistics
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi Jason,

Probably a bit late to the party here as I’ve only recently discovered Flying Solo. We are a Melbourne based 3PL (HQ in Tullamarine, with further warehouse facilities in Laverton). We’ve been around for 26 years and have always enjoyed working with like-minded companies starting out or looking to grow.

If you still need any assistance or just need some answers, I would be happy to help. Please feel free to contact me using the details in my signature below. You can see some more information about us on our new website also :)

Thanks and best of luck!

Michael

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.