Home Forums Logistics Melbourne Delivery or Courier Service Options???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lilmis
    • Total posts: 20

Hello.

I’m looking into different courier options for delivery of products for my ‘soon to be’ online store. My products are made from timber. To start will be only Melbourne and then hopefully will expand interstate. I want to find one courier company/service and stick with them if they are reliable as my packages need to be well handled.
    I checked out Sherpa Delivery as someone mentioned in an old thread, they look great but pretty pricey!
    Any recommendations? Thanks. Candice

Dash Freight
    Participant
    • Total posts: 93

Hi Candice, One courier company to deliver best on all route? probably not attainable. Are your goods fragile? Are they conveyable? i.e. can they move safely on the conveyor belts in the sortation centres? . Sherpa is a point to point delivery service. price changes by distance, but the goods stay in the one vehicle. That’s good for fragile products. Non fragile, or long distance, freight goes by Spoke and hub delivery. If you want the best options, tell me more about your products

Rob Dash E: rob@dashfreight.com.au M: 61 423 136 053 Quotes: https://tinyurl.com/yae7tbj6 S: live:rd2221
    lilmis
    • Total posts: 20

Hi rob thanks for your reply! Yes I guess I’m being abit unrealistic wishing for An affordable door to door service. I make Custom-made pet furniture out of timber. So I would not say it’s fragile but I do want my packages handled with a lot of care. I don’t have a lot of faith In couriers as they are often in a hurry and I have seen them drop off packages at my house without even ringing the doorbell & I want good service end to end. To start i’m only looking at about five deliveries per week, I’ve contemplated doing the deliveries myself but that will cost me time and can’t claim as an expense. Open to suggestions :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.