Home Forums Starting your journey Metcash markup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brent E
    • Total posts: 3

Hi,
    New here. Can anyone tell me what the markups are when buying from Metcash? I know that the more you buy the less the markup but I’d love some figures! And would anyone know how that would compare to say Woolies average cost of goods?
    Thanks in advance,
    Brent

Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,159

Howdy,

Its not about markup, its an entire proposition when dealing with these guys… What is it you are trying to do? That might be a better approach? or are you just trying to work out raw competitor costs or other?

J

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MH08
    • Total posts: 284

It can be simple to see it just by the size of the company they would need anywhere between 50 to 120% margin on all their products without determining volume discounts. This would also depend on what items you are looking at. Foodservice and Beverages at least 50% in the current climate.

Brent E
    • Total posts: 3
    LucasArthur, post: 267202, member: 34537 wrote:
    Howdy,

Its not about markup, its an entire proposition when dealing with these guys… What is it you are trying to do? That might be a better approach? or are you just trying to work out raw competitor costs or other?

J
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply Lucas. Raw cost relative to woolies/Coles retail pricing is what I’m after. Fairly rough and by grocery sector. I know there are rebates/ discounts relative to volume purchased.
    Kind regards
    Brent

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

Not sure the value of knowing what the markups are, what you need to know is what they will sell them to you for based on your relationship with them. Or if you are looking at on selling the products, how much markup you need to put on a product so that you make a profit at the end of the day.

Maybe you need to give some detail on the context behind the question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.