Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Midas Home Loans has had a makeover. Seeking your thoughts.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    TrevAtMidas
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone, and thank you in advance for reviewing our updated site. Constructive criticism is always appreciated and if you consider we’ve got some elements right, then we’re on track to work on getting most/all right.

The site up for your review is http://www.midashomeloans.com.au. As you’ve no doubt surmised we’re a home loans/mortgage site. Our business, Midas Home Loans forms part of our financial services practice.

We’ve included details of the other arm of our business (Midas Financial Planning) within the site as we believe financial planning is an integral part of debt management, just as much as we believe debt management is an integral part of financial planning. Our Consultants are either dually qualified as a Credit Adviser and Financial Planner, or are in the process of gaining the second qualification.

So the entire site is up for your scrutiny, please bear in mind though, there’s finer details like test messages from blog page still to be removed. The logo was changed not long back so the colours were taken from that as the basis for the site’s look.

What we’re seeking with the site is I want it to be more warm, friendly and holistic in order to make finance a less formidable and intimidating subject that a lot of folk find it to be. It also needs to reflect the experience and care that clients find in using our services.

We already have a component of our client base that are national and whilst that’s growing through client referrals, I’d like to maximise the potential of our site to build further on this, we’ve added a 1300 number to facilitate this and already utilise Skype regularly for meetings.

In closing, again our thanks and we look forward to reading your thoughts.

Kind Regards

Trev

Paul B.
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Trev,

I think the site looks fantastc. It has a nice clean look to it. I also love the name!

One issue I found though is the drop down menus along the top become obstructed by the video when hovering over them.

victorng
    • Total posts: 626
    Up

Hey Trev,

Site looks pretty good. The inner pages are a little bland (but same can be said of my site). I like the copywriting, I think it reads very well.

Trev@Midas, post: 122556 wrote:
    What we’re seeking with the site is I want it to be more warm, friendly and holistic in order to make finance a less formidable and intimidating subject that a lot of folk find it to be. It also needs to reflect the experience and care that clients find in using our services.

I’m not sure that the very dark background on your home page gives out a warm and friendly feel. It’s a bit too dark IMO.

Trev@Midas, post: 122556 wrote:
    We already have a component of our client base that are national and whilst that’s growing through client referrals, I’d like to maximise the potential of our site to build further on this, we’ve added a 1300 number to facilitate this and already utilise Skype regularly for meetings.

I’d suggest putting your 1300 number and other contact details on every page of your site. Make it easy for people to get in touch.

Cheers,
    Victor

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Nice work!

I would start the video at 30 seconds though! :)

TrevAtMidas
    Up
    Paul B., post: 122569 wrote:
    Trev,

I think the site looks fantastc. It has a nice clean look to it. I also love the name!

One issue I found though is the drop down menus along the top become obstructed by the video when hovering over them.

Hi Paul,

Really glad you like the site and our name.

On the issue you found, I’m wondering if you meant that the video is overlain by the drop down menu? If this is what you’re referring to I’m not over concerned although I do take on the point you’re making. I’m hopeful that the video will sync with enough folk that they’ll choose to watch it in its entirety to get a taste of what we offer, rather than ‘doing stuff’ while the video is playing. We’re all time poor and I know don’t always have time for intro videos etc., but I know in my own case if the content delivers quickly enough then I personally will take a moment out to watch.

Time will tell I guess.

Thanks again though.

Regards Trev

TrevAtMidas
    Up
    victorng, post: 122578 wrote:
    Hey Trev,

Site looks pretty good. The inner pages are a little bland (but same can be said of my site). I like the copywriting, I think it reads very well.

I’m not sure that the very dark background on your home page gives out a warm and friendly feel. It’s a bit too dark IMO.

I’d suggest putting your 1300 number and other contact details on every page of your site. Make it easy for people to get in touch.

Cheers,
    Victor

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the review and your comments. I take on board your comment that the inner pages are somewhat bland, but I’m not to sure what could be accomplished in that respect. Plus as well as trying to make site visitors comfortable in the visual experience, we still have to allow the copy to speak to the client (current or potential). I believe too much flash type media particularly on a financial services type site has the ability to tarnish our image, if that makes sense?

I agree that the Home page’s dark background may appear to be diametrically opposed to my words of warm and friendly, but we did give that quite some thought, and whilst the dark navy colour does to a degree dominate the Home page. The video’s imagery I believe soothes it down and the other colours of the logo orange moving into red signify power and passion, the lighter blue is about cool and calmness, and the green to us signifies growth and serenity. Each of us have our own opinion though, so again thanks.

1300 number and details on each page, that sounds a great idea.

Thanks Victor

TrevAtMidas
    Up
    TheGoldenGoose, post: 122586 wrote:
    Nice work!

I would start the video at 30 seconds though! :)

Hi Leah,

Thank you, it’s appreciated. Not sure about starting the video when the user hasn’t requested it, I will think on it though, as it’d be a shame for folk not to see it all.
    You have got me thinking though, so that’s not a bad thing lol.

Thanks Again

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

Hello Trevor

I think you’ve left out a very important ingredient.

victorng
    • Total posts: 626
    Up
    Warren Cottis, post: 122658 wrote:
    Hello Trevor

No call to action?

TrevAtMidas
    Up
    Warren Cottis, post: 122658 wrote:
    Hello Trevor

I’m guessing (having read Victor’s post below) that it’s a Call To Action? Thanks so much for this, it was a part of the origional brief, but as you’re aware Warren it’s been a long process for us.

I’ll get onto it and get it sorted, we have a meet scheduled with the site creator in a bit over a week to fine tune & discuss any omissions or problems as well as bring us up to speed with social media.

Thanks Again.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    Trev@Midas, post: 122611 wrote:
    Hi Paul,

Really glad you like the site and our name.

On the issue you found, I’m wondering if you meant that the video is overlain by the drop down menu?

Happens to me too Trev.
    When hovering over the menu the video is on top and cant read the items dropping down.

Im using firefox 13.0.1
    and the only addon is addblock.

Steve

TrevAtMidas
    Up

Thanks Steve, sounds like an issue that needs to be sorted.
    Appreciate the feedback.

Paul B.
    • Total posts: 119
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 122748 wrote:
    Happens to me too Trev.
    When hovering over the menu the video is on top and cant read the items dropping down.

Im using firefox 13.0.1
    and the only addon is addblock.

Steve

Just to clarify this is what i meant ^^^

:)

TrevAtMidas
    Up
    Paul B., post: 122902 wrote:
    Just to clarify this is what i meant ^^^

:)

Thanks Paul, appreciate the input.

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up
    Trev@Midas, post: 122615 wrote:
    Hi Leah,

Thank you, it’s appreciated. Not sure about starting the video when the user hasn’t requested it, I will think on it though, as it’d be a shame for folk not to see it all.
    You have got me thinking though, so that’s not a bad thing lol.

Thanks Again

Hi Trevor!

Sorry I didn’t communicate that efficiently – I meant that I think the first 30 seconds of the video are not necessarily important seconds in the video. The impact for me was at 30 seconds when your lady came on screen!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.