Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Mini-side business idea

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    christian_simplymaths
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Wouldn’t mind your thoughts on a small business focused on setting up marketing tech for small businesses and teaching business owners how to use them. Things like email autoresponders, sales pages, sales funnels and basic websites, blogs, etc. Anything techy that is involved in small business marketing, I want to consult, set up the systems and teach business owners how to make the best use of them.

Do you think there would be a decent demand for it? I’m not looking at setting up the marketing campaign for a corporation. Instead, I’d love to work with tradies, small time shops, work-at-home mums, etc. Would love your thoughts and feedback!

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    christian_simplymaths, post: 242260, member: 77599 wrote:
    Wouldn’t mind your thoughts on a small business focused on setting up marketing tech for small businesses and teaching business owners how to use them. Things like email autoresponders, sales pages, sales funnels and basic websites, blogs, etc. Anything techy that is involved in small business marketing, I want to consult, set up the systems and teach business owners how to make the best use of them.

Do you think there would be a decent demand for it? I’m not looking at setting up the marketing campaign for a corporation. Instead, I’d love to work with tradies, small time shops, work-at-home mums, etc. Would love your thoughts and feedback!

Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

Thanks for joining and posting today.

There definitely is a market for everything you have identified but if you settle on just 1 and do it really well, you have a chance for having a good business.

From what you have identified so far, some will suit successful businesses that can afford to pay and some will sort those just starting out – guess which ones suit who!

This should start to inform you about what you settle on because ultimately, any business needs enough revenue to stay sustainable.

Once you have a market figured out, you will have to work out a way to establish a track record and get known for what you do.

Have a look at how this successful website designer did it:

http://www.designingtodelight.com/10x-rates-less-6-months/

Good luck and please pop back in with updates.

Cheers

zayd687
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

I reckon it would work actually but you would have to baby the words, i’m not a person who likes to be tech saavy so if you could tell me in a short amount of time what you would be able to do for my business that could make or save me money sure. I usually go by, do i like this person? Does what they say create interest ( saving / profit / loss ) how much ?…. Targeting small businesses is that your margin won’t be big but their more receptive to your help so if your pricing is good they will get you on board , but if you are one of the top of your industry and display the right skills you will succeed despite most obstacles. I recommend you try it, we need more intelligent and local entrepreneurs . :)

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

As long as you can demonstrate how you can add value to their business your assistance spans essentials areas.

Most businesses owners are time poor and / or low skilled in successfully rolling these systems out, so the value is in reliably providing such a service and providing measurable results – ongoing.

Many want more than just to be shown how to use something as this just creates more work and stress for them. There is a lot value in setting these up, and continually to help them to manage and improve on such strategies. As a consultant there is only so much you can be an expert in, so this would be a limitation in your service offering without needing to rely on further companies as an intermediary.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.