Home – New Forums Logistics Mining – importing from china

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Corteztk89
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I have worked in the mines for some time as an operator, and an opportunity has arisen recently to provide several contracting companies I work with, with various pieces of equipment. While i can still make the numbers work from buying in Australia, I believe that some pieces in particular I would be better off sourcing from overseas. I noticed on one of the sticky pages there are some links for guides to importing from china but they didn’t seem to work so I would like to know if there are any other similar pages on this site elsewhere that I’ve missed.

Thanks

mnj’s buyers group
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

I couldn’t get those links to work either. Not sure what you know about the importing industry but there is alot to learn online.

I import from China and am happy to answer any of your questions. I’m not sure what products your sourcing but places to start are Alibaba, made in China and Global resources.

Remember you can’t trust anyone online and you should always verify who your talking with. I have had fake companies from the US and China once on Alibaba twice on ebay (that’s why i didn’t list ebay) and I have heard heaps of stories.

So, good luck and shoot thru questions if you have them.

Cheers

Megan

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Corteztk89, Hi Megan,

Apologies, I’ve fixed those links now – thanks for letting us know they were broken. They are:

Good luck in your investigations Corteztk89, and welcome to Flying Solo!
    Jayne

Stan the Man
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

There are a few points to know when importing from China.

1) Sourcing from China, you need to know who you are souring which Megan have mentioned.
    2) You have to work out the buying terms with the supplier/factory.
    3) Depending on the product you are importing, you have to check on import requirements from Australia customs/ AQIS website

Let me know if you have any other question. Most willingly to help.

Tony Pfitzner
    • Total posts: 213
    Up

I suggest contacting Adam Gilbourne at EasyImex/. He does exactly what you want, and is based In UK and Australia as well as China.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.