Home – New Forums Other discussions MLM Business Model

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rball
    • Total posts: 136
    Up
    ::

Hey there,
    In recent times I’ve been offered numerous opportunities by friends to join their network marketing team.
    At first, I said to them isn’t this a pyramid scheme?.. That’s before I googled the difference between the two.

The whole concept intrigues me as I have been researching it these last few weeks. I wouldn’t be interested in joining someone else’s network, rather starting my own.
    I’ve been attending some of the seminars these companies run to see how the ‘pros’ go about their business.

The prospect of having people working under you.. hundreds of levels deep is somewhat exciting. I imagine they are extremely hard to get off the ground though.

Has anyone started their own MLM? What’s the best way to go about it? What experiences have you had or tips you might suggest?
    How does one go about even beginning an MLM?

I’m not saying I want to start an MLM tomorrow, but down the track if the time is right it’s a possibility!

What do you guys think of the system?

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

mlm is great if you are the owner.

Just read this link and decide for yourself.

http://www.perrymarshall.com/adwords/renaissance/mlm/

Rball
    • Total posts: 136
    Up

Interesting article Khalid. He has an intriguing insight into having a successful MLM by being ‘unique’.
    Definitely something to take on board.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

Did u know mlms make more money from their products and events than the core service?

What you want to ensure in order to avoid depression is to be on the other side of the transaction preferably at the top of the pyramid

You also don’t want to pay someone to be their commission only salesperson.

Above all, you want to do some research on how many of those who sign up to mlms and do the hard work (not just whinge) actually make passive income for more than 6 months.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Khalid is offering some solid advice here, I explored MLM many years ago … a great way to find out about yourself, and if the training programs are good you can learn a lot (it’s where I discovered Steven Covey and the like), but as a business model I think it sucks.

Trent
    • Total posts: 68
    Up
    estim8 wrote:
    … and if the training programs are good you can learn a lot (it’s where I discovered Steven Covey and the like), but as a business model I think it sucks.

Oh dear, I will have to be serious in a post here – don’t fall over…

For training – as estim8 said – the operative word is ‘if

I have stopped taking clients who are involved in MLMs because of a long track record of watching them try something, become hyper-whammy-HolyBigBucksBatman-excted… Then bust, then fall for the SOS (Shiny Object Syndrome), fall for THAT MLM, help others to fall for it, then bust… and rinse and repeat…

As my business model is based on an ongoing relationship with my clients, I can’t, in good conscience, ignore years of watching people from different backgrounds fall into this again and again.

MojoWrapz
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Here’s a reply from an at home mum, who has joined a MLM team.

I was soo skeptic on spending money to make money… I told everyone who wanted to “get rich quick” there is no easy way to do so, you need to work hard to make money, find a real job … etc…. I also asked them “why pay hundreds, thousand of dollars to sign into an online opportunity that would take more money from you that would ever make in a week”.

I ohh soo should of shut my mouth lol. I joined a MLM team, paid a minimal amount for my business kit, I got free products back from it, So I sold them and made my money back + a little more, I also spent out to “Boost” my business with extra Products, in which I sold and made twice the amount I sent out. I should of shut my mouth because of my skepticism I now have to go beyond family and friends to Market my products… I am just glad our products sells itself and they are the 1st of its kind on the market. WHOOP WHOOP FREEDOM 2013!!!

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

This is proof that testimonials are for the gullible.

Anyone that says a product sells itself is a fool or a con artist. No such thing and by the time people find out, they are in deep and are brainwashed to blame themselves instead of the lousy, overpriced products.

Pls explain why mlms claim to have a great “system” and yet, majority who actually take massive action fail?

How can a system fail? Imagine if mcdonalds failed to deliver 95% of the time.

Mlms seem to attract the desperate and destitute. They then use patriotism and religion to create a cult that results in banishment and humiliation should anyone questions the “system”.

There are far better ways go create a stable income stream and all of them require massive action.

If a person starts drawing two or more circles and talks about passive income, end the conversation immediately or risk depression and family breakdown.

JustJames
    • Total posts: 104
    Up
    MojoWrapz, post: 151988 wrote:
    …I should of shut my mouth because of my skepticism I now have to go beyond family and friends to Market my products…

All that enthusiasm, not even tempered by grammar, and she’s only been selling to people who will each buy from her once so as not to appear rude.

Sheesh!

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

What is an MLM? sounds interesting, getting lots of peeps talking about it..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    JustJames
    • Total posts: 104
    Up

Multi level marketing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing

See the ‘income levels’ section in the link above for sobering reading.

James

Meppyman
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Great way to burn friendships and kid yourself you are in business when you are in fact just a sales person and recruiter on commission.

As others have said, the numbers stack up against getting involved in MLM or network marketing as a genuine business. There are so many more productive, positive and ethical ways to do business online these days.

There is a reason Amway distributors get extensive training on how to avoid the Amway name when recruiting (I should know I used to be an Amway distributor many many years ago… some great products and learned some fantastic life lessons, but in the end I and most of the others were just cheap sales people).

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Does anyone know a good MLM i can join up with.. sounds interesting..

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 152426 wrote:
    Does anyone know a good MLM i can join up with.. sounds interesting..

With your email in the signature you may find there’s a few to choose from :)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.