Home – New Forums Money matters Mobile banking, credit card facilities

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hairclips
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi All

I am setting up my business to sell a unique hairclip to Australia which will be sold direct to customers as it needs to be demonstrated how to use the clip. I will sell these at trade shows/markets/fetes, so if I am not relying on cash only purchases I need credit card facilities that are mobile (otherwise I would use paypal)

My question is has anyone use a mobile credit card facility /EFTPOS machine currently. If so which one.

I have looked at ones from the NAB and CBA, but not sure what I should look out for in regards to fees.

I am in start up and don’t want to get into a merchant account that will charge a large amounts of fees that I’m not sure I can cover yet.

What have others done in regards to credit card purchases ?

Thanks
    Hairclips

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Hairclips
    This topic also came up a couple of months ago, so checking out the responses here might help you: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/talking-technology/1805-mobile-eftpos-machine.html

Good luck!
    Jayne

Hairclips
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Thanks Jayne.

I had searched in money matters for information, not the technology section, so this thread is great for me.

Thanks heaps.

Cheers
    Hairclips

alexx_2010
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

There’s a couple of apps for the iphone / nokia’s which let take cards.

nicoleiv
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

I am new here and wondered if I explained my business situation if you could provide advice on the best eftpos option:

Weight loss consultant and I see clients in my home office, due to the high fees I wonder whether it would be beneficial to both myself and my clients to accept credit cards/eftpos.

Would an eftpos machine or online merchant facility be better?

What are the approx. fees for both options?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Nicole

linkman
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

Hi Nicole,

My suggestion is that you get a mobile EFTPOS service. The only requires internet access – obviously – and has a few issues. As you do not get the client to sign you do run the risk of the banks/card companies rejecting the payment should a client challenge the charge.

The fees are relevent to turnover, but very approximately:

Setup around 100
    Machine 40ish per month
    Service fees – monthly around $30 and then a % of the value processed per month for credit cards and a float 35 to 75 cents per transaction for each eftpos transaction.

Hope that helps.

nicoleiv
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Thank you so much for that information, gives me a good idea of what cost I will be looking at.

Army of One
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

I have some clients who are mobile retailers of seafood products and their mobile EFTPOS terminals are essential for their business.

I also like the iphone card swipey thing – but as a consumer I would be more happy with a mobile EFTPOS machine.

Shop around with different banks to get the best deal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.