Home – New Forums Starting your journey Mobile Phone Recycling Company

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AstroboyChorong
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

I come across sites like mazuma mobile, mobile monster, mobile muster, and so on.

I’m just wondering how this people are making money.

For example working unit of samsung s6 edge 32gb, they are paying for $380.

What will they do with this phone?

I just want to get an idea of how the industry works.

Thank you

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

mobile muster don’t actually pay for old phones, they just collect them for recycling of the components.

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up
    AstroboyChorong, post: 239927, member: 61763 wrote:
    Hi guys,
    I come across sites like mazuma mobile, mobile monster, mobile muster, and so on.I’m just wondering how this people are making money.
    For example working unit of samsung s6 edge 32gb, they are paying for $380.
    What will they do with this phone?
    I just want to get an idea of how the industry works.

Thank you

Hi,

There are three key way these mobile recycling companies make money:

1. Re-cycle components and raw materials – mobiles contain precious metals including gold, silver, and titanium that these companies re-sell and depending on the resource prices at the time it can be lucrative. Some of the major components can also be used to re-build a full working handset to sell 2nd hand
    2. 2nd hand phone sales – if the phone is actually working it gets cleaned up and restored to default and on sold to other markets including overseas. They also make 2nd hand phones from all the components if they can and resell those as well.
    3. 2nd hand component sales – Some of the single components are resold as well, not just the whole phones.

Your example of a Samsung S6 for $380, if it’s working they can pretty much on sell that immediately (well maybe before the Samsung issues) but the phone itself will have a lot of high end components and the company knows exactly how much raw material they can get from that specific phone if they can’t on-sell it as a whole.

Anyway, that’s how they make their money :) and there are a few different government grants available too.

Cheers

AstroboyChorong
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

Thanks guys! I found this quite an interesting business model. And am trying to learn further about this industry. I’m working in a recycling company for couple of years now. But we’re focusing on clothing and other stuff. So for mobile area, i’m a bit lost on this. Could be something really good to be look into for our company.

So do they clean all of this within their own company. Or after they bought the phone, they sell it to other company straight away?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.