Home – New Forums Tech talk mobile plugin for woocommere

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’m in desperate need to change the mobile plugin for my website (WordPress & Woocommerce) and was wondering if anyone here could recommend something that is free and relatively easy to use/customise.

I have checked out the competition and I like the look of a competitor’s mobile site. Is there anyway to find out with plugin that is? I guess it would depend on what they are using (WordPress etc).

Thank you in advance.

Warmest regards,
    Mel

Craig.Smith
    • Total posts: 167
    Up
    EmbalmSkincare, post: 207864 wrote:
    Hi all,

I’m in desperate need to change the mobile plugin for my website (WordPress & Woocommerce) and was wondering if anyone here could recommend something that is free and relatively easy to use/customise.

I have checked out the competition and I like the look of a competitor’s mobile site. Is there anyway to find out with plugin that is? I guess it would depend on what they are using (WordPress etc).

Thank you in advance.

Warmest regards,
    Mel

Hi Mel,

I think you will find that you’re competitors aren’t using a Mobile plugin per say, but what’s called a Responsive Layout/Theme. Your website is using a theme called “colorway”, what you need to do is find a new theme which is “Responsive”. The latest version of the colorway theme is responsive, so it might just be a matter of grabbing the latest version of the theme and customising with your colour scheme.

Craig.

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    Up

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your quick response. That sounds good.

As I have just lost my longtime web designer… what would someone charge me to assist me with this – ensuring no settings are lost in the process of the update?

Warmest regards,
    Mel

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Craig.Smith, post: 207866 wrote:
    Hi Mel,

I think you will that you’re competitors aren’t using a Mobile plugin per say, but what’s called a Responsive Layout/Theme. Your website is using a theme called “colorway”, what you need to do is find a new theme which is “Responsive”. The latest version of the colorway theme is responsive, so it might just be a matter of grabbing the latest version of the theme and customising with your colour scheme.

Craig. +1 to this.

Wocommerce doesn’t have plugins to turn it into a mobile site as it’s the theme that does this.

If for some reason you don’t want to use a mobile responsive theme, there are some plugins to turn a non responsive them into a mobile theme: http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/plugins-optimizing-wordpress-site-mobile/

However using a responsive theme is so much better.

cashflowco
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

I would suggest using a mobile responsive website rather than a mobile plugin. I have been building Mobile Responsive Website for more than 2 years I always use StudioPress themes powered by the Genesis Framework…

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    Up

I decided to go with The Retailer, which seems to be a great theme. Thank you all.
    Warmest regards,
    Mel

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Page load time is pretty bad on that theme (tested initially on http://tools.pingdom.com but similar results on a couple other tools), so you might want to review that and see if anything can be done, especially on mobile devices with slower connectivity.

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/yhBQa/http://theretailer.getbowtied.com/demo/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.