Home – New Forums Tech talk mobile website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Crazy Chook
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I am shopping around for someone to create a mobile website for me.

I have a PC website but I know many of my customers use their smartphones to google search for my type of biz. Want to make it easier for them when they do find me

Have found a Melbourne biz that will do it for approx $300

Have found some US websites where you create your own on line with fees ranging from $9-$90 per month

Am open to all ideas and leads on how to go about this
    Thanks, John

wizseoservicesaustralia
    • Total posts: 59
    Up

Use $300 option. It is better than ever month headache. Let see may be you can get someone here to give you a better deal.

wizseoservicesaustralia
    • Total posts: 59
    Up

Use $300 option. It is better than ever month headache. Let see may be you can get someone here to give you a better deal.

Devan
    • Total posts: 57
    Up

Do you mean just a copy of your existing website that has been optimised for a smaller screen? Or did you want to incorporate swipe and touch gestures as well?

Is it just a brochure style site, or do you want/have ordering capabilities as well?

Cheers,
    Devan

Devan
    • Total posts: 57
    Up

Do you mean just a copy of your existing website that has been optimised for a smaller screen? Or did you want to incorporate swipe and touch gestures as well?

Is it just a brochure style site, or do you want/have ordering capabilities as well?

Cheers,
    Devan

Crowleys Hot Sauce
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Try http://www.wix.com I use them as a cheap (free) option to start with. U can create a normal flash site and then a mobile site. Then on your domain include browser identification and redirect code that will determine what site they need to be shown given flash won’t be visible on iPad etc.. I’m not advertising me or them but check my site as a DIY example. http://Www.crowleyshotsauce.com.au check using a pc and a iPad.pod.phone. Otherwise if too much hassle to DIY then definitely go for the 300 once off fee but ensure you have flexibility to make changes without paying additional ongoing costs.

Crowleys Hot Sauce
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Try http://www.wix.com I use them as a cheap (free) option to start with. U can create a normal flash site and then a mobile site. Then on your domain include browser identification and redirect code that will determine what site they need to be shown given flash won’t be visible on iPad etc.. I’m not advertising me or them but check my site as a DIY example. http://Www.crowleyshotsauce.com.au check using a pc and a iPad.pod.phone. Otherwise if too much hassle to DIY then definitely go for the 300 once off fee but ensure you have flexibility to make changes without paying additional ongoing costs.

Phillip P
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

I use – http://www.dudamobile.com/ for some mobile websites…

For the rest and the big ones we create mobile sites with the large sites at the same time… Just use a different template.

Phillip P
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

I use – http://www.dudamobile.com/ for some mobile websites…

For the rest and the big ones we create mobile sites with the large sites at the same time… Just use a different template.

Patto
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

whatever solution you pick, FIRST ask for a demo link and check the site through mobile website validator:

This one is great

You will find that most of these services often fall behind the 50% mark!
    This is because they have developed the sites to display well on the main phones only, however they still build relatively heavy and clunky sites…

A good mobile site should be sitting well above the 70% mark.
    This ensure MOST smartphone have little or no trouble viewing them.

best of luck mate.

Patto
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

whatever solution you pick, FIRST ask for a demo link and check the site through mobile website validator:

This one is great

This is because they have developed the sites to display well on the main phones only, however they still build relatively heavy and clunky sites…

best of luck mate.

PhillipHobbs
    • Total posts: 36
    Up
    patto, post: 101127 wrote:

This one is great

best of luck mate.

Now that’s what I call good advice!

PhillipHobbs
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

This one is great

best of luck mate.

Now that’s what I call good advice!

Chris’s Signs
    • Total posts: 124
    Up

This one is great

best of luck mate.

i just tried mine on there and it failed greatly….better get on to that this week..

Chris’s Signs
    • Total posts: 124
    Up

This one is great

best of luck mate.

i just tried mine on there and it failed greatly….better get on to that this week..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.