Home – New Forums Starting your journey Mock up of online store to entice suppliers to work with me.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robselc
    • Total posts: 56
    Up
    ::

Hello Ive recently posted of my difficulty in getting suppliers to work with me. My online store is not up and running yet… because i dont have enough product to stock it with. How would I go about showcasing product in a mock store. I have some product i would carry left over from my ebay store, and i am currently in the process of trying to get the Australian distributor to take me on…. However I ordered this product from the states so Im guessing it wouldnt be appropriate to showcase it in my mock up. What exactly would i show in my mock of store if I dont have any product?

NathanB
    Participant
    • Total posts: 775
    Up

How about you launch the store with the complete range of stock you are hoping to provide and act as if you are sold out of most of your stock. I imagine it could go either way in the sense that it could make you look popular and screaming for more suppliers or it could make you look like you don’t run a smooth operation.

Food for thought. Best of Luck.

Kennethti
    • Total posts: 415
    Up
    NathanB, post: 156777 wrote:
    How about you launch the store with the complete range of stock you are hoping to provide and act as if you are sold out of most of your stock. I imagine it could go either way in the sense that it could make you look popular and screaming for more suppliers or it could make you look like you don’t run a smooth operation.

Food for thought. Best of Luck.

Let’s not do that if your suppliers haven’t given you the license to supply their goods, because that could be considered misleading and deceptive conduct.

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up

Hi there,

What kind of site is it? If you have a limited amount of relevant stock it may be worth having the site built in a way that it can cater for the stock you’re looking at holding, but has those categories/suppliers set to hidden (from your menus as well as Google) until you get them.

That way you can at least have your website live, gain some useful traffic and exposure, and show the newer suppliers that you have the capacity to move their stock once they agree terms.

As an example, if you can show a supplier that you have 500 unique visitors a month to your site then I think that would be a persuasive argument to have them work with you.

HTH,

Maclean

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    Robselc, post: 156741 wrote:
    Hello Ive recently posted of my difficulty in getting suppliers to work with me. My online store is not up and running yet… because i dont have enough product to stock it with. How would I go about showcasing product in a mock store. I have some product i would carry left over from my ebay store, and i am currently in the process of trying to get the Australian distributor to take me on…. However I ordered this product from the states so Im guessing it wouldnt be appropriate to showcase it in my mock up. What exactly would i show in my mock of store if I dont have any product?

If by “mock store” you mean that this is not live and customers cannot browse and buy products then you can put any products you want there. If you are trying to convince a new distributor of your capabilities then using their products and doing a nice job will help you. Add a disclaimer to the site that it is for demonstration purposes only and you can’t buy. Make sure that you acknowledge the brand and copyright owners.

John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.