Home – New Forums Find the help you need Models needed for professional website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hmirz
    • Total posts: 69
    Up
    ::

Needed – models (in full professional business attire) or photos of real Australian people in full professional business attire for use on new legal firm website.

Before any IT or other people tell me, I know there are stock photos available on the internet but I do not want to use them as we are looking for originality.

Please private message me if capable of assisting.

Cheers,
    Hamid Mirza
    Barrister-at-Law

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

stock business photos tend to be the cheesiest of stock photos i find see where you are coming from!

is this to represent people from your company? could you just get a photographer in and photograph your actual staff…always ads a nice personal touch..

John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up
    hmirz, post: 72843 wrote:
    Before any IT or other people tell me, I know there are stock photos available on the internet but I do not want to use them as we are looking for originality.

I know I resemble that remark, but I’ll be cheeky and make a comment anyhow! I’m not sure if you’re aware, but with stock photography you can buy exclusive licenses which ensures originality – obviously this is more expensive than the regular, cheap and cheesy business stock that is out there, but it’s probably comparable to hiring a decent photographer to shoot your own staff or models.

I agree with Craig that using your own staff is the best way to go for originality and that personal touch, as long as you pay for a decent photographer or find a skilled hobbyist.

Good luck with it and my apologies for bringing up stock photography!

Cheers,
    John

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    craiglongmuir.com, post: 72844 wrote:
    is this to represent people from your company? could you just get a photographer in and photograph your actual staff…always ads a nice personal touch..

I was going to suggest the same thing!

Gerty Photography
    • Total posts: 57
    Up

Hi Hamid

What are you hoping for these images to achieve? I did a quick search and found your site (I’m assuming I got the right one!) – do you want the images to add some colour and interest to your site, to complement your themes? Or do you want a portrait of yourself?

I am a strong advocate of having professional images taken to display on your website in the “About Us” section, as I believe that it is an excellent way to introduce yourself to your potential clients, and establish a level of trust and familiarity before you even have contact.

If you are wanting generic images, I don’t know of many photographers who would have images handy that suit your purpose, as they would have been taken for a specific client and not available for general use. If they were available for general use, they would probably already be out there as stock images! For example, I have done corporate portraits for a few law firms which might work for you, but they are for the exclusive use of my clients for their marketing materials.

All that being said, if you are after a portrait photographer to take either photos of yourself, or photos of models that you find, I’m located in Brisbane and happy to chat to you about setting something up either on location, or studio based.

Kind regards

hmirz
    • Total posts: 69
    Up

thanks people, my inbox has been inundated with private messages re saying the same stuff as in the previous comments plus from people who provide the model/photo services – thanks for the great number of replies and I will make sure I consider each e-mail/proposal fully.

For information and for closure purposes –

1. the new site is not online yet, the site which is publicly available is my current site and soon to be “former” site;

2. I do not want to put a photo of myself on the site, more for privacy and security reasons, not because I think I don’t look handsome:D

3. I do not have any staff or ever want staff. If I had a secretary I would probably use her for darts practice. I am FLYING SOLO in the most pure sense of the phrase, hell I’m so solo they named a lemon flavoured soft drink after me….

Cheers,
    Hamid Mirza
    Barrister-at-Law
    http://www.panachelegal.com

DreamscanbeVisions
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

I see it now:

You’re sitting on an expensive leather seat behind a nice wooden desk with 1000 books behind you on a nice oak shelf.

Your face is down as you are working extremely hard with a pen in your hand (writing or something).
    There’s a blurb that points to you that says “Too busy for photos” haha

Safety issue solved!
    Professionalism!
    Hard working!
    Unique!

If you live in the area I can get my dad to maybe take the photo, he’s a professional photographer & I’ll ask him to do it free because I love helping, even though he’ll be taking the photo lol.

Kind regards,

Samir Sasani.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.