Home – New Forums Marketing mastery More eyeballs on our service? How?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    getcontented.com.au
    • Total posts: 136
    Up
    ::
    bb1, post: 224949, member: 53375 wrote:
    Paul, I agree 200%, the problem is your average small business person doesn’t know what a CMS is, doesn’t know what they do, and doesn’t really care, and can’t even spell CMS, they just want a website. So someone comes and pitches a ”custom CMS” and they think wow this must be good. And get dragged down that path.
    It comes back to your average small business person is not in a technical position to understand, and this is why they get into a pickle with all sorts of issues.

Bert,

This comment is gold :)

Our website service is precisely targetted at this type of customer. You don’t care how it happens, you just want the effect – you just want your website.

This is why we don’t emphasize or even mention CMS’s anywhere on our site.

getcontented.com.au
    Up
    MD Clean, post: 224947, member: 58759 wrote:
    My business is thriving! I just wanted to help you out (I don’t need answers – but I can see how much effort you are putting in here and how thoughtful your answers are – therefore I want to help).

It is definitely only an opinion, not a fact for sure – the truth is for me, I think trying to market a custom CMS to small business is a truly horrific idea.

Versus a proven CMS that the customer owns and where you can supply benchmarked evidence eg, “WP powers half of the internet and we work with only the best WP that WP has to offer (your chosen theme).

“These speed test results prove that (the theme we work with) it loads faster than any other theme on the planet and Google and Amazon have proven that the slower their sites load, the more customers they lose… here is their results to prove it…..”

Easy sell to small business because 1.It builds trust and confidence in you and 2. Shows you can help small business to improve their profits.

In turn, if you can convince a small business of your expertise, you can charge more for your service and improve your own sustainability.

Hope this helps.

Heya, yeah, thanks so much for your comments!

We’re not marketing a custom CMS.
    We’re building websites for businesses and individuals.

There’s a big difference. One is talking about the technology, the other about the results. One is a means to getting your website updated ongoing, and the other is a commitment to the fact that we will make sure your website stays up to date.

(We personally think CMS’s fail most of the time – often in subtle ways where the customer can’t do what they want but they’re so used to this that they can’t even tell anymore!)

Thanks again.

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Partnerships.

Establish partnerships with those operating in your space.

Copywriters
    SEO agencies
    Advertising agencies
    Video marketing agencies

etc etc

Referral work is most definitely the way to go.

Additionally, reach out to those who have built successful web design agencies and ask them for assistance.

getcontented.com.au
    Up
    John Romaine, post: 224956, member: 39536 wrote:
    Partnerships.

Establish partnerships with those operating in your space.

Copywriters
    SEO agencies
    Advertising agencies
    Video marketing agencies

etc etc

Referral work is most definitely the way to go.

Additionally, reach out to those who have built successful web design agencies and ask them for assistance.

What a great idea! Overflow work from marketing and advertising agencies was actually something we were considering doing in the past, but great suggestion!

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Its a solid strategy and it works.

Instead of trying to constantly “sell” your services, invest your efforts into networking with established operators in complementary spaces.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    getcontented.com.au, post: 224954, member: 72814 wrote:
    Bert,

This comment is gold :)

Just wondering in what context you believe that this comment is gold

getcontented.com.au
    Up
    bb1, post: 224964, member: 53375 wrote:
    Just wondering in what context you believe that this comment is gold

Um.. this context? lol.

Sorry I’m not sure I really understand your question.

To clarify, I thought your comment that most people don’t even know what CMS is or how to spell it is absolutely the piece – that’s been our experience, too. All they want is their website, and often the best CMS is using a person who knows how to update it, in whatever capacity that is.

Hope that makes sense.

PowerofWords
    • Total posts: 179
    Up

As an ex-partner of a website design business, the fact is most of our business came from a) local suburb searches to the website followed by a consultation, or b) a referral from a happy customer.
    Don’t expect to rank for “web design brisbane (or sydney)” – I have done the work on this and never got beyond spot 99. Try for suburbs or for other niche terms.

You could ask your previous clients whether they know anyone who is even thinking of redoing their website, or someone looking to open a new site/store. Letterbox drops never worked for us either! Keep on with the music niche, posting content, helping people in business with their Google+ page, and the work will come to you.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.