Home – New Forums New here? Share your story More hours in a day….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    5869#deleted
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

I’m Melvin. Apparently I enjoy punishing myself because I work full time for a bank, just started my own business and Uni starts again next week! I’m sure it has all been done before, but i tell you what… it’s not easy! If only there were more hours in a day.

Dream Group
    • Total posts: 47
    Up
    melvinbuenafe, post: 28941 wrote:
    I’m Melvin. Apparently I enjoy punishing myself because I work full time for a bank, just started my own business and Uni starts again next week! I’m sure it has all been done before, but i tell you what… it’s not easy! If only there were more hours in a day.

Hi Melvin,

Welcome to the forum. Wow that must be a busy schedule.
    You still don’t beat a business associate who has a full time “JOB”, studies in Uni to be a lawyer, has 3 kids and owns her own business.
    I respect that you are committing to all your activities.
    What sort of business are you jumping into?

I always have the motto of “I love what I do and I do what I love”.

Regards
    Warren

CruzAccountant
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Hi Melvin

You seem to be very busy… What’s you business?

Richard

5869#deleted
    Up

Hi Guys-

Wow… that certainly puts things into perspective! Doing three things at once is hard enough, i can’t imagine throwing three kids into the mix…

My online business is at its final stages. My web developer and i are working feverishly to get the website live and active. I’ll post a link once we go live!

Thanks for welcoming me into the wonderful world of Flying Solo forums.

Regards,

Melvin

CruzAccountant
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Hi Melvin

I was on a similar boat once. Full time job, part time business which took up my weekends, and studying for a post grad.

Persevere with it. It’ll be worth it in the long run. There are invaluable things you will learn from a business that you won’t anywhere else.

Richard

5869#deleted
    Up

Hi Richard-

Thank you kindly. It’s good to know that there are others out there that have powered through or are going through the same situation i am. I agree with you entirely, since I came up with my business idea on Christmas day last year, i’ve learnt so much in such a short time.

I’ll keep soldiering on. I’m sure it’ll pay off in the end as i hope it did for you!

regards,

Melvin

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    melvinbuenafe, post: 28941 wrote:

Hi Melvin :)

Well, people don’t usually inflict that kind of schedule upon themselves unless they were totally into what they were doing. You must be really committed to this idea of yours, and frankly, I am keen to hear what it is!

5869#deleted
    Up

Hi Wordmistress-

Well i am very keen on this idea of mine. For the select few that i have told, they seem to really like it. I’ve really only had a couple of people who didn’t quite think it’ll work. Funnily enough one of those two was my web developer!

Anyway i’ve gone past the point of no return… ie. i’ve already dropped a fair bit of money into it. so fingers crossed that it’ll be well received!

I’ll send a link through and introduce it once we go live and fix the bugs.

regards,

Melvin

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

That’d be brilliant! I look forward to it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.