Home – New Forums Wellbeing & balance Morning ritual

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Tom ISW
    • Total posts: 180
    Up
    ::

Some great ones here!

I always:

• Drink a tall glass of water
    • Make some coffee and breakfast
    • Draw up my “quadrants” to do list and get cracking with the high priorities

Depending on what season it is…turn on the heater/AC may come first!

Praney Behl
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

So I’ve finally decided to leave my cave and post something on this awesome forum. I’ve been a silent reader for a few years now. Not sure if my sharing in this thread be an relevant but here goes…

Being a product creator/software engineer, who’s currently working full-time from home on my own projects(2 Web Applications/Softwares), every day is I face new challenges. It fun as I am a kind of person who can’t do the same job all day everyday.

So my morning ritual is:
    – wake up
    – Drink lots of water.
    – Recall and focus the most important and most difficult task at hand(Eat the biggest frog first).
    – 15-20 mins. run calculations in my mind for possible solutions to that problem and write them down( Brain workout ).
    – Feed fish
    – Put something motivating talk/
    – Recharge brain with Organic caffeine and breakfast(It’s funny how I mentioned “Organic”, but since last 2 week of moving from instant coffee to organic coffee has changed things for me. No more after coffee effects, better concentration and no head-aches)
    – Watch news for 5 mins ( I think thats more than enough for me)
    – Get started on work :)

I normally pick an important topic/problem at at hand before going to bed and as surprising as it sounds, an interesting fact is while you sleep, the sub-conscious mind doesn’t. So, most of the time the subconscious mind while try to figure solutions to the problem I went to bed with and often I’ll wake up with a possible solution.

AndrewStyles
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

I agree with Damien. My morning ritual is a lot more effective when i journal the night before which includes identifying/listing what needs to be done the next day. I use the time in the morning while Im swimming to think about how I’ll best complete those items. Then it’s breakfast and crushing those tasks!!!

LauraFisher
    • Total posts: 115
    Up

Great question – i used to be really unpredictable with routine – but now that I have a 20month old daughter I am like clockwork:

7am wakeup and roll about the bed with baby
    7:30am eggs, toast, coffee and dance party
    8:00am husband leaves for work so we wave byebye
    Days that I have a babysitter come:
    8:30-12pm: Cycle ~15min to an awesome cafe, drink coffee and work like crazy. Emails and admin first. Then reading/creative stuff. Then technical stuff.

I build my meditation and exercise into my evenings to help me wind down.

Cody
    • Total posts: 117
    Up
    LauraFisher, post: 237152, member: 40107 wrote:
    Great question – i used to be really unpredictable with routine – but now that I have a 20month old daughter I am like clockwork:

7am wakeup and roll about the bed with baby
    7:30am eggs, toast, coffee and dance party
    8:00am husband leaves for work so we wave byebye
    Days that I have a babysitter come:
    8:30-12pm: Cycle ~15min to an awesome cafe, drink coffee and work like crazy. Emails and admin first. Then reading/creative stuff. Then technical stuff.

I build my meditation and exercise into my evenings to help me wind down.

Awesome way to start the day. Especially the 7.30 dance party!

shart
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

Hi there,

One great way is to come up with a goal that you want to achieve for that day.

Also physical activity definitely helps as it boosts endorphins, clears your mind and allows you to think straight. Try something light like walking.

Good luck!

Easysmb
    • Total posts: 84
    Up

1. Get your tasks list and priority ready
    2. 5 seconds rule, count to 5 and start to do it.

Be careful and not lost yourself in routines. Clear your mind and think regularly.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Brilliant thread!! Glad it’s even good enough to get [USER=45802]@Praney Behl[/USER] out of his cave :) It’s inspired me to relook at my own mornings.
    Interesting to read that planning the night before is important for many people – I find that makes a big difference too!
    Peter

Concept
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

My morning routine consists of:

• Get up and get changed into clothes I set out the night before
    • Have a large glass of water
    • Eat healthy breakfast (usually vege and scrambled eggs)
    • Boil the water for coffee
    • Meditate for 10 minutes
    • Make coffee
    • I do a quick journal entry covering 3 things I grateful for, what is the 1 thing that will make today awesome, and write down my “why”. I usually do this sitting outside on my decking with my coffee and my dogs.
    • Read what I’m going to do for the day.
    sumeyer
    Participant
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

My morning routine starts at night. I try to prepare as much as possible the night before to make the morning simple. I’ll load my coffee maker, lay out my morning clothes, and think through the first items I’m going to tackle.

Hanna Lo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Read the book: Life Strategy
    It describes the real rituals of successful people

My dream has come true! And I'm finally enjoying life. And you start to rest and rejoice. Find your hobby. Get More Info .
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.