Home – New Forums Other discussions Moron rear-ended me today!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    ::

Well, was coming back from Freo today and was waiting at the lights to turn right and the car in front of me moved forward a little, so I did the same, next thing I know this bloody 4WD runs into the back of me!!!

So I turn right and drive into this recreation center place so we can exchange numbers etc and I was going to drive up into the parking lot rather than sit in the driveway area; so I turn around to see if he’s following and he started to co-me into the place but then seems he changed his mind and decided to do a runner instead….. I thought perhaps there wasn’t much damage (as he was behind me before I moved forward) so he decided to head off; so I quickly got out to have a look and yes, there was damage alright….. so I take off after him, but he disappeared. 😡

I didn’t get his license plate number and in hindsight I shouldn’t have gotten out to have a look at the damage before taking off after him, but everything happened so quickly and you can’t thinks straight.

Asked the coppas if there would be any traffic light cameras, but was told that the cameras don’t always run and they may only activate if someone runs through a red light or something.

So I guess I’m screwed……. :(

Oh and I don’t have insurance; I know it’s stupid not to have it, but it’s just another monthly expense that I cannot afford… plus the car only cost me $3500 when I bought it.

So am I pretty much screwed here guys? Nothing I can do!? Cop just told me to fill out a crash report and maybe if the other guy logs an insurance claim it’ll match up. Only thing is I think the other car may have had a bullbar, so the chance of damage with that is pretty much zero.

Man there is some scum on this earth!!!!! :mad::mad:

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

How unfair for you. It’s really rude when someone does something like that. He’s probably laughing about it with his mates. If luck comes your way someone might discover who it was or the cameras were working. Do you drive in that area often? If so, you might see them another time.

I had a close call this morning. An idiot decided to overtake me on the right, just after I’d put on my indicator. I was slowing to pull into my driveway and I guess they figured I was being a pain slowing down and they wanted to pass. Country road, steep downhill, just got past the double lines and they decided to boot it I guess. It was dark, and raining, I’m glad I didn’t turn any sooner otherwise I might not be writing this tonight.

Do you have any friends in the panel beating industry?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Sorry to hear,,, there is nothing more disheartening than someone unwilling to stand up and admit fault and do the right thing…

I know it isnt good news, nor does it help you immediately.. but hopefully the other party has karma around the corner, that he/she says the wrong thing to the wrong person and maybe a mate says “you know what, your a moron mate”… do the right thing..

Be well.. chin up..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Thanks guys!

Don’t drive in the area too often, only occasionally, though it’s only about 10 mins from my house.

Actually do have a family friend who is a panel beater haha….. but I think he may have moved out of Perth?

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I am sorry you had an accident, but very glad you are ok.

From my own experience, I would really encourage you to get insurance once things are fixed up. You can pay it monthly and choose a higher excess to get payments down. A long time ago when I was 21 I was in a major car accident, (not my fault), that involved 3 cars with mine being concertina-crushed between them. I was lucky to be alive. Some years later, someone rear-ended me when I had two little ones in the back seat. Thankfully, we were all safe.

Insurance is necessary to protect you and your loved ones. Good tyres are just as important. You just don’t know when someone will do something silly.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

Silly people, if they’d got their licences from a properly accredited place this wouldn’t have happened.

Glad to hear you’re both okay.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

How annoying Brett.. so sorry to hear, but like others glad you are ok. I honestly can’t imagine doing a runner (or a drive off) in that situation. Some people really shouldn’t be allowed on the roads….I would still log the crash report, as the police suggested to you – you never know what might come of it.

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

Glad you’re okay, that’s the main thing although I agree, it’s unacceptable for people to simply take off. I seem to remember the same thing happened when those two young boys were killed on Old Coast Road on Australia Day a few years ago – I don’t think they ever found the driver responsible for causing the accident.

I agree with Jacqui, definitely report it to the police anyway.

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Thanks guys – yeah, I filled in a crash report online yesterday. :)

Let’s just hope Karma gets them ;)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.