Home – New Forums Starting your journey Most Ideal Business Phone Number?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    GSanders12
    • Total posts: 201
    Up
    ::

Hi guys, I am launching a very large marketing campaign to tens of thousands of upper middle class residential homes. The service being marketed is a plethora of home maintenance services to beautify their homes.

My question is: What phone number would be best for this demographic? Should I get a 1300, 1800, 02, etc?

I am going to use VOIP to handle the calls but I am still trying to figure out which phone number would be most appealing to an upper middle class demographic.

Thank you

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

I think people want someone local who cares, so I’d go with a local number.

Good luck!

Dave

GSanders12
    Up

Hey, that’s what I thought too.

But do upper middle class people also want a more established looking business with a 1300 number or are they still after a local number that cares approach?

(It should be noted that this is a business that is marketing quality work of home maintenance to this demographic).

Thanks for the reply :)

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Our best local service people have two numbers – one is the main one, the other is a mobile which indicates to many locals that they are contactable.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

If its a 1300 or 13 number, forget it, i dont want a franchise from some unknown area attending to my property, go local.

I list my mobile and landline, but most (even the oldies) ring the mobile

GSanders12
    Up

Ahh, so 1300 gives that corporate feel rather then an at-home feel. I am in a situation where only one phone number can be put onto my marketing material. (Long story).

In that case, what would be best: 02 or mobile?

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    GSanders12, post: 197554 wrote:
    Ahh, so 1300 gives that corporate feel rather then an at-home feel. I am in a situation where only one phone number can be put onto my marketing material. (Long story).

In that case, what would be best: 02 or mobile?

If you can only put one, I would go mobile, because that way you are contactable, I find in my business if you miss a call from a new client, and they leave a message often when you call back they have already moved on to the next person on the list. Luckily for me the majority are referrals, so not a huge issue as they will wait for a call back, but still always need one or 2 replacements and you dont want to miss them.

andysmithis
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

I would say for the first campaign A/B test it between 1300 and 02. Especially if it’s an EDM campaign, as it’s easy to split.

Use the 1300 number for 50% of the recipients and 02 for the other 50%. Have a way of tracking it. And set a way you want to measure it. i.e. number of calls (most appealing number to call), revenue gained (higher revenue means you likely attracted the right/better people to call), or any other number of measures.

Then you can make a judgement moving forward on what will give you the greatest return!

Always be testing.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

If your target customers are all local within your town / city – probably go with the local number.

If you’re targeting an entire state or nation then 1300 can work fine.

With the right VOIP provider you can easily configure it so that inbound calls to your 1300 number will simultaneously ring your mobile, so you do not have to worry about manually turning diversions on and off and you’ll reduce the chance of missing important calls. This can provide a close to best of both worlds situation.

GSanders12
    Up

Thanks guys,

While I am targetting people in one city, would it be fine to have an 02 number if it was for tens of thousands of residential houses?

Would an 02 number be more appealing then a 1800 number for example?

arrowwise
    Up

02 should be fine in your case ~ this will also keep your inbound calls costs to a minimum.

1300 numbers can add a little smoothness and sizzle to your marketing, but it’s not the end all be all. If you have something people want, and they want to call you it shouldn’t really matter too much. Many reputable businesses sometimes give out mobile numbers only – which can be a lot worse costwise for the caller.

GSanders12
    Up
    arrowwise, post: 198199 wrote:
    02 should be fine in your case ~ this will also keep your inbound calls costs to a minimum.

1300 numbers can add a little smoothness and sizzle to your marketing, but it’s not the end all be all. If you have something people want, and they want to call you it shouldn’t really matter too much. Many reputable businesses sometimes give out mobile numbers only – which can be a lot worse costwise for the caller.

Thanks! But lets say I wanted to add some smoothness & sizzle even subconsciously … what would be better: 1300 or 1800?

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    GSanders12, post: 198310 wrote:
    Thanks! But lets say I wanted to add some smoothness & sizzle even subconsciously … what would be better: 1300 or 1800?

have never had “smotthness or sizzle” fromva phone number wether its 02, 1300, 1800 or mobile. Are we asking a little much from a phone number… lol

arrowwise
    Up
    GSanders12, post: 198310 wrote:

Go the 1300 then. If you choose the right combination of digits you can create a phone words type theme relevant to your business which can add some more sizzle to your marketing :D

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up
    GSanders12, post: 198185 wrote:
    Thanks guys,

While I am targetting people in one city, would it be fine to have an 02 number if it was for tens of thousands of residential houses?

Would an 02 number be more appealing then a 1800 number for example?

Hello,

I would highly recommend a 1800 number based on the service you are offering.
    There is also a lot more to consider apart from the number to ensure your marketing works well with incoming sales leads. You probably have this covered but I’m happy to talk over a phone call if you have the time. Just PM me if you want to tee up a phone call.

(Disclosure, MondoTalk is a VoIP Company that can provide 1800 numbers and more)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.