Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Mother and Baby Shop – new member

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    motherandbabyshop
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

My name is Dominik and together with my wife May we started Mother and Baby Shop – motherandbabyshop.com.au in late March 2015. We hope that we can learn new things in this community and gain useful knowledge as well as extend our business partnerships and – possibly – find more customers. The business is a part time activity for us at this stage as I am a manager in an IT company and my wife is stay at home mum (which is a 24×7 job :) ). However, we want to grow to be at least an additional part time income from home.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Welcome aboard Dominik!

Congrats on your new business and thanks for introducing yourself. Feel free to ask any specific questions in a new thread, and best of luck. :)

Dave

1911naomi
    • Total posts: 124
    Up

Hi! I Just launched my kids product in June this year. how is it all going?

motherandbabyshop
    Up

Slowly – but this is nothing unexpected. I started getting regular sales around 2 months after launching the website, mainly thanks to numerous small campaigns in Adwords, Facebook and baby websites. However, the store is not profitable at this stage and I am expecting it not to make profit for the first 2 – 3 years. The gross margins on sales are good but the cost of advertising still remains higher. I have created a 3 year marketing plan for the company which assumes it will take time before I properly assess all media involved in my marketing strategy and until I start seeing the results of SEO activities that I am performing. Anyway, the loss is not big and I have a well time full time job so I can give it some time.

Naomi – what does your business sell?

1911naomi
    • Total posts: 124
    Up

You got a great name – mother and baby shop!

I sell bamboo dinnerware for children .

I’ll have a look at your social media pages and follow you

motherandbabyshop
    Up

I have just liked your page to learn more about your business.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.