Home – New Forums Find the help you need Move from MYOB to Xero setup to work with Bigcommerce

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Shoes2u
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

I want to move my accounting system for new tax year from Myob to Xero. Main reason is to be able to have synchronisation of data with Big Commerce website still to be built.
    Looking for someone with experience this.
    Thanks
    Shona

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up

Hi Shona,

By choosing Xero you’ve already made a massive step towards having a nicely synced system as they’re the leading hosted accounting package.

BigCommmerce and Xero are already nicely integrated via an App available from the BigCommerce AppStore – http://www.bigcommerce.com/apps/xero-integration-carrytheone/

Maclean

Rhys
    • Total posts: 325
    Up
    Shoes2u, post: 162289 wrote:
    I want to move my accounting system for new tax year from Myob to Xero. Main reason is to be able to have synchronisation of data with Big Commerce website still to be built.
    Looking for someone with experience this.
    Thanks
    Shona

Hi Shona,

Agree with previous comment re Xero, but a question for you. Can you clarify please what it is you want to sync from BigCommerce to Xero – I know that may sound like a dumb question,so let me explain.

I am guessing here, but I imagine your website sales are all retail / fully paid at the time. That being the case I don’t think there is any benefit to you in syncing sales at a transactional level into Xero. Rather you “cash account” the sales based on your receipts (Paypal or whatever payment gateway you are using). If you were to sync all the individual sales then you have to match the payment to those sales invoices, which to me just adds this big administrative burden.

The point where syncing is a benefit is in controlling your stock, as the inventory control in BigCommerce is not all that good. But Xero’s inventory is not any better. Are you planning on also implementing Unleashed (or some other inventory control system?) If so that is where you want to have the integration, from BigCommerce to Unleashed – and you can do that using OneSaas.

Confused? I hope not! But if you want to go through this in a bit more detail please feel free to give me a call,

Cheers, Rhys

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.