Home – New Forums Starting your journey Moving from Australia to the USA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up
    ::

I can’t seem to find much info about setting up my trade show work in the USA

What would I need

I don’t want to be a student, or traveller who works in different locations- I just wnt to set up and service the trade show market in the USA

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

…a work visa? Is that what you’re looking for?

Wendy :)

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

…a work visa? Is that what you’re looking for?

Wendy :)

JaneB
    • Total posts: 324
    JaneB
    • Total posts: 324
    Sentinel Meteorology
    • Total posts: 119
    Up
    JaneB, post: 105482 wrote:
    http://travel.state.gov/pdf/BusinessVisa.pdf

Third one down.

The B1 visa will only let you attend a trade show as an exhibitor, not as a paid performer. You can negotiate deals, sign contracts, etc, but not actually do paid work.

To actually do paid work one a one-off basis in the US you’ll need to qualify for one of the “Temoprary work in the US” categories here (an H-visa seems the closest fit, although intended for temporary employer-employee relationships).

To set up permanently, you’ll probably need to formally establish a business presence in the US, perhaps by partnering with an existing US business, who could then sponsor you (perhaps on an intra-company transfer visa). Immigrant visas are available for investors to establish businesses in the US, but you need to invest between $500k and $1M (depending on the unemployment rate where you set up), and create jobs for at least 10 locals. Scroll down to “Employment based visas” here.

US visa rules are complex, with a lot of ifs and buts and the options available depend on exactly what you want to do, and how you want to do it. Try contacting someone at Austrade.

Cheers,

Michael

Sentinel Meteorology
    • Total posts: 119
    Up
    JaneB, post: 105482 wrote:
    http://travel.state.gov/pdf/BusinessVisa.pdf

Third one down.

The B1 visa will only let you attend a trade show as an exhibitor, not as a paid performer. You can negotiate deals, sign contracts, etc, but not actually do paid work.

To actually do paid work one a one-off basis in the US you’ll need to qualify for one of the “Temoprary work in the US” categories here (an H-visa seems the closest fit, although intended for temporary employer-employee relationships).

To set up permanently, you’ll probably need to formally establish a business presence in the US, perhaps by partnering with an existing US business, who could then sponsor you (perhaps on an intra-company transfer visa). Immigrant visas are available for investors to establish businesses in the US, but you need to invest between $500k and $1M (depending on the unemployment rate where you set up), and create jobs for at least 10 locals. Scroll down to “Employment based visas” here.

US visa rules are complex, with a lot of ifs and buts and the options available depend on exactly what you want to do, and how you want to do it. Try contacting someone at Austrade.

Cheers,

Michael

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.