• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    brerrabbit
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi, just joined today, and am hoping that someone in the forum can advise me.

I am entering the carpet and tile cleaning industry and after a little bit of homework I have cornered it down between 2 possible portable machines.

They are the ” Apollo HP ” and the “King – Extractorvac”

Which one is the better machine, one offers 1400-1600psi and 2×2 1200w vacume, the other 1200psi and 2×3 1400w vacume.

One seems to have an overall larger engine room than the other,
    but this is all new to me, I would appreciate any feedback that will help me
    decide which way to go,
    cheers

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi brerrabbit,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for getting involved.

One of our longest standing members here, Burgo, is very experienced in the carpet cleaning industry, and I’m sure he’d be open to giving you some advice.

If he doesn’t pop in to this thread, I recommend sending him a PM asking if he’s able to advise you.

Good luck with it all,
    Jayne

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up
    brerrabbit, post: 160988 wrote:
    Hi, just joined today, and am hoping that someone in the forum can advise me.

I am entering the carpet and tile cleaning industry and after a little bit of homework I have cornered it down between 2 possible portable machines.

They are the ” Apollo HP ” and the “King – Extractorvac”

Which one is the better machine, one offers 1400-1600psi and 2×2 1200w vacume, the other 1200psi and 2×3 1400w vacume.

One seems to have an overall larger engine room than the other,
    but this is all new to me, I would appreciate any feedback that will help me
    decide which way to go,
    cheers

Welcome to the best Business forum you will ever find, however there is a forum especially for carpet and hard surface cleaners where you will learn about things that will never get into a text book.
    The majority of people there are experience in the industry and you will get only the best advice about machinery and equipment, chemicals and the how to techniques but here on Flying Solo you will find out how to set up yoour business , how to market your business and how to outsource that bookkeeper and accountant.
    My advise is t use both these free forums to help start , build and develop your business giving you the very best of both worlds.

To answer you question however, I havent used the new type of portables that are on the market , and actually havent used a portable machine for over ten years.
    In tile and hard surface cleaning you need the maximum psi you can get as well as the maximum vacuum for removal, so before you commit to any thing put your exact post up on the cc forum http://www.australianforums.biz and ask away.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.