Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Mum of 2 and small business owner!!ARRGHH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Marion
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

Just thought I would quickly introduce myself. My name is Marion, I’m a wife and mum of 2 children ages nearly 2 and 3 yrs. I have just started a wishing well hire business in the southern suburbs of Brisbane. So far so good.

I came across this site / forum looking for business networking ideas, and a bit of support!! Its easy to have days when I wonder what on earth I was thinking!!

I would love to hear from anyone in the wedding industry, and any feedback on my website would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks all.

Marion

http://www.wishingwellsandmore.com.au

BB
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

Welcome Marion!

This is a wonderful place to meet like-minded business people who are all willing to share thoughts and ideas.

Another great place is the Business Mums Network which is run by our very own ‘Missie K’.

Having just come back from their 3rd annual conference, I must say I was very impressed with the whole weekend. The conference was fabulous, and there were heaps of mums displaying and talking about their businesses. The Business Mums Network site is also most informative and I love the regular magazine. You’ll find loads of great stuff about being a ‘mum in business’ there.

In the meantime – jump right in here, and enjoy the conversations!

Cheers,

B.B.

Rachel Reeves
    • Total posts: 148
    Up

Hi Marion,

I think you’ll find that you are not alone, there are a number of Mum’s and Dad’s that are small business owners and ‘flying solo’. Good on you for taking this giant leap. Look forward to seeing you around the forum and getting to know you a bit better.

sugarbeeflowers
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi Marion!
    I just wrote a reply message to you :)
    It’s good that you are going well so far!
    Your site it nice! but it’ll be nicer to see real wedding photos there ;)
    and real flowers too! hehe

It’s so nice to know someone like you, living close, a mum of similar age kids and in a similar industry!

Marion
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi Youki,

Yes it will be nice to see some pictures of events I have covered!! and hopefully some recommendations from people too!!!

I have an interesting one coming up. An engagement Hawaiian Luau. Maybe you could tell me, will real frangipani’s be available this time of year, and would they last for a delivery Friday for Sat night event without a lot of water?? Bit hard to keep a water supply on a wishing well!!

I’m in Loganholme, where abouts northern gold coast are you??

Thanks for the nice comments re my site. Any ideas on improvement I could make from an outside perspective?? Its hard to see things when you are too close to them!! Are you planning to have a page on your site for recommendations for other businesses??

Marion

http://www.wishingwellsandmore.com.au

Lucki
    • Total posts: 147
    Up

Hi Marion,

Great to have you join us soloists.

I love the concept for your business, a great idea.

There are quite a few web designers on the forum who will no doubt be happy to give you a few pointers and ideas.

Cheers

Lucki

sugarbeeflowers
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Yeah, recommendations, I need them too..

Hawaiian Luau sounds fantastic!
    Frangipanis I would say 99% No…
    But my supplier does import flowers so I’ll ask him.
    Frangipanis are so fragile, and they brown really easily, so it might be better off going for artificial flowers anyway.
    A lot of Hawaiian weddings use artificial frangipanis.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with :)
    [email protected]

About a page of recommendations on my webpage, I haven’t thought about it yet, but I’ll consider it :)

I’m in Oxenford, so we’re pretty close!

VacuumRobot.com.au
    • Total posts: 113
    Up

Hi Marion,

I’d like to get one of those, they look nice. But the question is, do they come with real gold coins inside :)

Dave

Motivating Mum
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Marion,

Lovely to ‘meet’ you! I’m Alli and I am a mum of two and business owner also – my business is Motivating Mum and I support mumpreneurs like yourself!

I don’t know of anyone in the wedding business myself but I will keep my ear to the ground and if you ever need someone to chat to, talk biz or just vent I’d be happy for an email or call anytime – I know just how hard it is.

Cheers! Alli x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.