Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Mum of 3 on maternity leave, starting new business!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sophiesarah
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi, I’m Sophie,
    I’m a mum of three youngsters and I’m on maternity leave from my ‘day job’. I’m a health professional at management level and have lost my drive to be chained to the hospital for long hours, stressful work, crappy pay, and absolutely no appreciation. I’d much rather be able to spend more time with the kids, or be able to be more flexible about what work I do, and when.
    My husband is a farmer and we have just started another farming related business to try to keep our heads above water. But, the writing is on the wall for farming and it is not sustaining us.
    So, I am now in the process of setting up a new business for myself, which I am far more passionate about. It falls across paper/printing and homewares.
    I am about to head off to China for a whirlwind visit in two weeks time, but will only have two week days to get factory visits and trade fair done.
    This is something that I’ve discussed for years, and my husband has finally given me the push and said, “Just f do it!” What have we got to lose?
    I’ve only just stumbled across this forum, and so happy to have found it. Some great articles, links and advice.
    I’ve only posted one other post, about factory visits, as I’m trying to work out how to cram it all in. I’m a burn the candle at both ends kind of gal!

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Sophie,

Nice to meet you and may i be the first to say WELCOME!

Such an exciting time ahead, i wish you all the best and keep posting for anything you need to know as i am sure the collective community will chip in as much as possible.. anyways, i am running back to your other post to see if i can offer any assistance myself.

Look forward to seeing you around..

Jason ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    sophiesarah
    Up

Thank for the warm welcome Jason!

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Sophie

Welcome and congratulations on many levels – sometimes with business you just have to jump in with both feet.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for introducing yourself to us all.

From reading this and your other post, you sound like you’re well on your way to success.

I hope everything turns out beautifully for you!

Looking forward to following your adventures,
    Jayne

sophiesarah
    Up

Thanks everyone, I’ve been impressed reading other posts with the wealth of information contained here and the brilliant collegial attitude everyone appears to have.
    I’m pleased to feel so supported already!
    Thanks again, Sophie

Simply Money Honey
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

Hi Sophie

Your new venture sounds very exciting. Good luck!

Cheers

Gabrielle

AngusP
    • Total posts: 53
    Up

Hi Sophie

I understand the whole long hours ‘working for the man’ thing – I suspect many of us are here because we don’t want to do that. Increasing time with family is a worthy goal.

Cheers

Angus Pryor
    http://www.galwijihomestead.com
    http://www.mysteryshoppingguide.com.au

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.