Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Mum starting out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mummyboutique0112
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I’m a mum of 3 and have worked all different kinds of jobs ( corporate, independent, full time, casual, sales rep)

But it’s all just not working for me.
    I have thought long and hard about how I want to be my own boss and came to the idea id like to open a clothing boutique online ( to start with)

I’d like to mainly aim my sale at people looking for trendy yet affordable children’s clothes from size newborn to 12. At costs under $100 per item.

Having daughters in this age group I find it sometimes impossible to buy certain things for them but I’d like to source these products for other people to purchase.

I’m just kind of stuck on where to start and how to get this dream of mine up and running.
    Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Getting into clothing can be VERY difficult due to the HUGE competition from established online businesses. You really have to have a product or range that is different, and you must be very good at marketing. I hate to be a downer but you really should know what faces you.

If you really want to go ahead with this you have to make sure that you have a market for your line – not just what you want but is there enough people who want the same, you have to find a reliable wholesale supplier, have someone build you a great website, and really learn about online marketing.

Keep in mind that it will take months at least to start getting sales because when anyone ‘Googles’ childrens clothing they will get pages of established businesses and your site will probably not come up in searches for a long time. Google is not friendly to new websites unless customers search particularly for your business name or you are well known.

It can be done but this sort of business will take a lot of time and work before it starts to pay off.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Very nice reply Rohan.@ Garden Larder

[USER=100816]@mummyboutique0112[/USER] Welcome to Flying Solo and thanks for contributing.

Adding to what Rohan.@ Garden Larder, it sounds like you will benefit from developing a full business plan and working through it one section at a time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.