• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sue F
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi, I’m very excited to have found this site while looking for info on selling products online. I have already gathered heaps of good stuff! Thank you!
    Should you have any tips for someone like me, I would be very greatful.
    I am a music teacher, specifically preschool and run my own classes. In addition I have recorded an educational/fun CD of mainly original music.
    I am looking to promote and sell this online. I gather ebay may not be the best option? Sue

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Hi Sue, and welcome!

eBay isn’t the best way to sell a product, but it is a great way to perform market research.

Put 5 auctions up in a row, starting at $0.99, see what the average selling price is. There you have your price point.

None of the auctions sell, or they sell below cost? You need to look into why, perhaps reconsider the product.

You can get feedback on the items, gather testimonials, etc.

Use eBay, collect this data, it will be essential to you make your final business decisions.

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up

Hi,

As opposed to direct sales, have you considered approaching distribution networks who deal in Australian Independant music?
    An APRA membership would probably be a good place to start, their tagline is “Bringing Australian Creators & Consumers Together” so their resources could be of great value considering an APRA writer/publisher membership is FREE!

A music blog where you share some of your music knowledge could be a way of getting prospects through the door whilst promoting your services and cd’s in a cost effective way.
    Depending on traffic, you could eventually get to a stage where you are in a position to charge other music tutors and writers a fee to promote their wares which would be two fold as you could also invite them to submit articles to your blog and therefore lessening the time you dedicate to writing articles.

Food for thought.

Accountix
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

I know quite a few bands are using http://www.cdbaby.com

Shane

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.