Home – New Forums Money matters My BAS Portal is showinf wrong Due Date

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ThomasAJ
    • Total posts: 17
    Up
    ::

I would appreciate it if others could log onto their BAS Portal and have a look at the 3rd. Qtr due date.

It should read 12th. May.

Mine reads 28th. April.

I have been using the online BAS Portal for years now and it has *never* shown the paper BAS due date before.

Thanks

Tom

ThomasAJ
    Up

C’mon there must be at least 1 person that has a BAS Portal at the ATO and can be bothered to have a look.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    ThomasAJ, post: 74362 wrote:
    C’mon there must be at least 1 person that has a BAS Portal at the ATO and can be bothered to have a look.

I’ll be going into one of my part-time employers Friday and can check theirs then for you. Sorry if that’s too long to wait 😮

Wendy

ThomasAJ
    Up
    Couple It, post: 74378 wrote:
    I’ll be going into one of my part-time employers Friday and can check theirs then for you. Sorry if that’s too long to wait 😮

Wendy

I would really appreciate that.

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up

I can’t log in on this computer as my key is on another, but the email from my accountant says it’s due 26/5

ThomasAJ
    Up
    flower-child, post: 74399 wrote:
    I can’t log in on this computer as my key is on another, but the email from my accountant says it’s due 26/5

Hm…gets tricky.

The 26/05 is only valid when it’s done by Tax Professionals eg accountants on behalf of someone else.

I do my own so i know it’s the 12/05 from documents on the ATO site but what i want to know is if anyone else’s Portal shows the 28/04.

Ta

Blue Sky Bookkeeping
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

I heard from some other bookkeepers that the portal was showing the incorrect date for a while there, a couple of them contacted the ato and were told that the extension date is still correct and they didn’t know why the date was wrong??

HTH Debbie

Alan Maddick
    • Total posts: 410
    Up

Yes that is right for some reason the portal has going from showing your actual due date (2/4 week extension for tax professionals) to showing the normal due date.

The extended due date only shows once you lodge, it will show as payment due on the extended date.

The ATO have been a bit cagey with us on this (ie no real answer) but they have said to a few clients there BAS is due on the 28th. I get the feeling they are trying to remove these extensions or reduce the amount of people taking advantage. (either that or it just more ATO computer stuff ups!)

Probably part of the ATOs new ultra agro drive to collect cash to fund the Gillard Governments Spending…

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Well, I tried to get into the portal for you…but I can’t even get my Auskey password recognised !! And I can’t get through on the phone due to their office “experiencing peak demand” and I don’t hold out hope of getting a reply to my email anytime soon.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help, but I now have my own problems to sort out :(

Wendy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.