Home – New Forums Starting your journey My business update/blog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    ::
    Perth-Design, post: 111903 wrote:
    We have a little office in a quiet part of Perth all fitted out and ready.A office before clients? Interesting approach.

Not sure if you are asking for feedback on your website, or just asking for advice on how to get a buzz for your website.

Personally, the heavy drop shadow on the Perth Design and the phone number looks a little much. Ensure that all your links in the notice board are all accessible via the regular navigation.

Good luck with the business :)

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Perth-Design, post: 111903 wrote:
    We have a little office in a quiet part of Perth all fitted out and ready.A office before clients? Interesting approach.

Not sure if you are asking for feedback on your website, or just asking for advice on how to get a buzz for your website.

Personally, the heavy drop shadow on the Perth Design and the phone number looks a little much. Ensure that all your links in the notice board are all accessible via the regular navigation.

Perth-Design
    • Total posts: 75
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 112491 wrote:
    A office before clients? Interesting approach.

Thanks Matthew, it must sound like we copy Facebook with the ‘Move fast and break things’ strategy. The reality of our business is, we have some brilliant designers. We are so confident on building not only Perth’s but one of Australia’s biggest and best design companies, that we have taken a risk.

Thank you on your feedback with the drow shadow on the website, when the site is live, I am happy to post it onto the review part of the forum for everybodys feedback.

Thank you

Perth-Design
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 112491 wrote:
    A office before clients? Interesting approach.

Thanks Matthew, it must sound like we copy Facebook with the ‘Move fast and break things’ strategy. The reality of our business is, we have some brilliant designers. We are so confident on building not only Perth’s but one of Australia’s biggest and best design companies, that we have taken a risk.

Thank you on your feedback with the drow shadow on the website, when the site is live, I am happy to post it onto the review part of the forum for everybodys feedback.

Thank you

Indo
    • Total posts: 59
    Up

I looked at your home page a few times and it was only on my third visit that I finally noticed that the pinup board thing is actually part of the site nav and will eventually link to other pages. As you already have an actual nav bar on the left this isn’t immediately obvious.

You might want to look at an amusing site I enjoy browsing sometimes that features a section called Mystery Meat Navigation to ensure you’re not being ‘funky’ at the cost of confusing your clients.

Indo
    • Total posts: 59
    Up

I looked at your home page a few times and it was only on my third visit that I finally noticed that the pinup board thing is actually part of the site nav and will eventually link to other pages. As you already have an actual nav bar on the left this isn’t immediately obvious.

You might want to look at an amusing site I enjoy browsing sometimes that features a section called Mystery Meat Navigation to ensure you’re not being ‘funky’ at the cost of confusing your clients.

Perth-Design
    Up
    Indo, post: 112498 wrote:

Thanks for your opinion, I honestly think its very easy to understand, the pin up board is just a nice extra touch but we will take your advice on board, Thankyou

Perth-Design
    Up
    Indo, post: 112498 wrote:

Thanks for your opinion, I honestly think its very easy to understand, the pin up board is just a nice extra touch but we will take your advice on board, Thankyou

Divya R
    • Total posts: 44
    Up
    Perth-Design, post: 111904 wrote:
    The homepage on the site is up for you to look at and get an idea of the site

Looks fab ! Would like to see the website up and running :)

Divya R
    • Total posts: 44
    Up
    Perth-Design, post: 111904 wrote:
    The homepage on the site is up for you to look at and get an idea of the site

Looks fab ! Would like to see the website up and running :)

Perth-Design
    Up

Thanks D, I will send you a PM when its up and running :)

Perth-Design
    Up

Thanks D, I will send you a PM when its up and running :)

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Nice home page, but like someone said, until I read their post on here I had no idea the pin board was a back-up navigational thing. That said, it is an added menu, not “THE” menu, so no great loss and it is something a bit different.

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Nice home page, but like someone said, until I read their post on here I had no idea the pin board was a back-up navigational thing. That said, it is an added menu, not “THE” menu, so no great loss and it is something a bit different.

Perth-Design
    Up
    spinninghill, post: 112783 wrote:

Thankyou, we see it as an extra menu and it is unique. There may be some small adjustments when the website is completed :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.