Home – New Forums New here? Share your story My Entrepreneurial Journey

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253
    Up
    ::

I absolutely like this forum and happy to be part of it. Members are really great resource for any entrepreneur. I do like to spending time trying to understand the journey of micro business community.

My journey is no different to most of you guys. Started my career as an accountant at a firm and then worked for a small business as fiance manager for couple more years. Then moved on to working as a commercial accountant in large businesses. The years at small business were most satisfying and productive years in my career. As small businesses tend to provide you more opportunities to get involved in the business than the large corporates. Although there are different dynamics and opportunities in larger businesses but you don’t get to see the full picture of the business. You are restricted to your area. Put up with that until I knew I need to get out.

Finally got out and started looking for ideas to start a business. Coming from accounting background it seems like I knew something of everything but not everything of something. I think that is important to grow a business you need to slowly master your trade by putting your nose to the grind. There is no other way.

After some research finally found an area I really have passion for. That’s the clothes (specifically t-shirts) business but the competition is cut throat. Somehow I wanted to differentiate it from normal t-shirt businesses. That thought take me to learn screen printing and heat transfer prints. Also learnt little bit about web technologies and graphic design to help myself in the business. Completely new areas but was very interesting.

Sfter major research and collaboration with some techies here is my webstore http://www.teepond.com. Your custom design and print t-shirt store. There is a web design studio where you get to customise your t-shirt using the cool features. Although it is mostly done, I experience some hiccups everyday. So, I keep updating it.

Now I almost have a product and its time to market it. Again a very new area for an accountant. This is where this forum is contributing greatly to my efforts. I am enjoying the journey. I hope you guys too.

Please feel free to provide any feedback good or bad.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi ThexArm,

Thanks for introducing yourself and your new business to us. We’re thrilled to read that you’re finding being part of the forum to be beneficial.

I hope the launch of your new venture goes well, and will watch your progress with interest,

Jayne

ThexArm
    Up

Thanks Jayne.

Looking forward to the success. :)

Balashankar

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

Welcome aboard!

Best of luck with the site, it looks great. Just one quick note, opening with a popup asking people to login/register like that seems like a very bad idea. It looks like a gateway, as the ‘close’ icon is pretty small. I’d guess you’d get about a 99% bounce rate… You could make the close icon more obvious, but I’d dump it entirely, and maybe have it in a skinny top banner…

Cheers

ThexArm
    Up

Thanks Adrian for visiting my website and your feedback. I have taken the popup off and opened up the prices to be visible without needing to login.

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

Hi ThexArm,

Nicely done! I really respect people who value input. It’s too easy to take any conflicting opinion as an attack, even when someone is being constructive. Full credit for taking the feedback as it was intended.

Best of luck with what’s ahead.

Cheers,

Adrian

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.