Home – New Forums Tell me straight… my first attempt to attract new customers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JaxiB
    • Total posts: 68
    Up
    ::

my first attempt to attract new customers – feedback pls

Hi Everyone…I posted earlier in sales and marketing and now have found the right thread.

Please check out my website it is http://www.sureshot.net.au. I am looking to put together a promotion pack over the next week before we officially launch the site…so feedback is welcomed. ( the site is about 95% finished)

I am about to launch this engagement product for financial services professionals. I would love to find some insurance and mortgage brokers to talk to see what they think about the way I am presenting my offer… But all feedback is welcomed. I am a little bit nervous as the all my customers have signed up via of word of mouth and this is my first attempt to attract new customers.

We are all about keeping in contact with clients, without having to be a great content writer, or an email send out expert…our service really saves people time and helps with referrals. We write content, the client gets to choose and approve it, then we send out to to their database on their behalf. We take the hassle out of keeping in contact with your clients.

cheers

Jacquie

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

Don’t target price sensitive clients. it pushes the quality ones away. the two rarely mix. what guarantee do you have? how many clicks does it take to view samples? where do you educate the importance of client retention with figures and case studies?

what tool do you have to capture details and what do you give in return? have you tested to see which kind of details convert better e.g ones requesting digital info vs ones wanting you to send hardcopy via snail mail?

Do you have a strategy in place to outspend your competition on cost per lead to stop them from competing? what is your differentiation strategy apart from targeting people in finance? do you have articles, case studies, research on what the top financial service professionals do to stay ahead in the current market?

Where on your site do you demonstrate your understanding of the hopes, fears, strengths and weaknesses of your target market – (people don’t care what you know unless they know that you care)? do you have a one time offer on your thank you page once a prospect subscribes?

You’re doing well. at this stage, you need to consider consulting with someone who truly understands advanced list building and conversion strategies.

If you already have one, it’s time to upgrade just like a growing business will have to opt for higher “grade” CPAs.

Your website is your source for clients. It’s a sales and marketing system. What you get out of it depends on how much you invest in direct marketing strategies

4 options here:

1. invest in courses, events, programmes, etc to DIY
    2. Invest in an ongoing premium coaching group > it’s cheaper and you can learn from other students as well.
    3. invest in a coach who has the gems/nuggets for your business so you can still DIY minus the expensive education and sifting through multi day events to find the two or three things you need to do.
    4. Pay for a done for you service – just like you offer a DFY client retention and attraction service. This can be expensive but if you have a great business model, part of the fees can be take in the form of transferable gift certificates for your services.

JaxiB
    Up
    Khalid Adam, post: 125471 wrote:
    Don’t target price sensitive clients. it pushes the quality ones away. the two rarely mix. what guarantee do you have? how many clicks does it take to view samples? where do you educate the importance of client retention with figures and case studies?

what tool do you have to capture details and what do you give in return? have you tested to see which kind of details convert better e.g ones requesting digital info vs ones wanting you to send hardcopy via snail mail?

Do you have a strategy in place to outspend your competition on cost per lead to stop them from competing? what is your differentiation strategy apart from targeting people in finance? do you have articles, case studies, research on what the top financial service professionals do to stay ahead in the current market?

Where on your site do you demonstrate your understanding of the hopes, fears, strengths and weaknesses of your target market – (people don’t care what you know unless they know that you care)? do you have a one time offer on your thank you page once a prospect subscribes?

You’re doing well. at this stage, you need to consider consulting with someone who truly understands advanced list building and conversion strategies.

If you already have one, it’s time to upgrade just like a growing business will have to opt for higher “grade” CPAs.

Your website is your source for clients. It’s a sales and marketing system. What you get out of it depends on how much you invest in direct marketing strategies

4 options here:

1. invest in courses, events, programmes, etc to DIY
    2. Invest in an ongoing premium coaching group > it’s cheaper and you can learn from other students as well.
    3. invest in a coach who has the gems/nuggets for your business so you can still DIY minus the expensive education and sifting through multi day events to find the two or three things you need to do.
    4. Pay for a done for you service – just like you offer a DFY client retention and attraction service. This can be expensive but if you have a great business model, part of the fees can be take in the form of transferable gift certificates for your services.

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.

We are addressing a few of your points. Some of which we were in the process of address, such as the tool to capture leads( a free e-book with 89 ways to grow your list), a guarantee, the samples ( a button on every page, we are just waiting for the newsletters to be converted to html for the site) and a blog with numerous articles and content about the benefits of email marketing with a focus on finance.

You thoughts on offering a special offer is great, we hadn’t thought about that and are definitely taking your idea on board. It seams so obvious, yet we had forgotten.

Also, your post prompted us to look at our current stats compared to the rest of the market place. Something we had not thought about. It has been great, I went through our past 2 years send out stats for all of our existing clients and worked out that our click through rates and open rates are both double what the industry standards are. And that our client lists open rates grow by 20% per year. Not only are these figures good to be able to tell clients and prospects about, but they really gave me a boost of confidence.

So thanks : )

JaxiB
    Up
    James Bull, post: 125861 wrote:
    Hi Jacquie,

If I’ve correctly understood the newsletter process you outline on your “How It Works” page, it requires your clients to give you names and email addresses from their contact database.

I think you need to think about all the client confidentiality concerns, privacy issues and commercial issues that this could raise for a financial services professional – and address those questions very clearly and prominently in the content of your website. Your Privacy Policy does cover this topic, but something this important shouldn’t be relegated to the “fine print” alone.

Giving client contact details to a third party (i.e. Sureshot) might put your clients (the financial services professionals) in breach of their own privacy and confidentiality requirements.

James.

Hi James

Good point. I will get something added to the FAQ page and make it clear. There is the option to self send out, or to have have their own dedicated account. But you are right, this is a point that should be clearly stated. Actually the security on the software is super solid, and we should make a point of stating that in the copy as well.

Thanks!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.