Home Forums Marketing mastery My lifetime lightbulb moment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    boots72
    • Total posts: 14

A have an idea to market my product thru social media.

What i don’t know is can i do it…..

With people doing voiceovers of parts of movies, ads and tv shows and placing them on youtube / facebook….

1. Is that legal

2. Is it legal to do it and advertise a product within the ‘rehashed’ video

3. Can you place your rehashed video ‘ad’ without any reference in the ad to your business, product, service, but #hashtag it legally…. (altho I’m not familair with how the whole #tag system works terribly well)

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,523

Hi [USER=118255]@boots72[/USER],

Not sure if it’s legal. I know a lot of videos get removed by YouTube for using material without permission. Some companies browse youtube and report all infringements of their material, others do not.

When it comes to advertising, it’s clearer cut – you can face legal action for using footage or personalities (actors/sportspeople) to advertise your product.

It doesn’t mean abandon your idea, but you might need to find a creative way to do what you want. Try to find other examples and see how they are doing it (for ideas). Check out Bad Lip Reading on YouTube and this topic on Quora: https://www.quora.com/How-does-the-YouTube-channel-Bad-Lip-Reading-Bad-Lip-Reading-get-away-with-using-copyrighted-video-content-and-modifying-it-with-a-voiceover

Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.