Home – New Forums Marketing mastery My marketing / cold calling idea. what do you think?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    marvelit
    • Total posts: 169
    Up
    ::

Ah ok.

shy of 500k inc purchases etc is still massive, especially if your in the sticks hehe. My business this financial year has turned over $80k so far (eofy is almost up anyway ehehe). This is all with no maintenance, just breakfix.

That’s fantastic you went there and met her! That must have been an amazing experience.

I agree with the hard work part, I am going through the articles and reading some of the free ones which are actually quite useful on their own. Im not scared of hardwork, I just dont like it with you pay for something and it doesnt work lol.

Peter you are now my new inspiration to have a good crack at managed services! I had a horrible week last week, so its been a nice refreshing start to the week meeting you mate!

Jacob

Big Red Packaging
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Hi Jacob,

It may not be much help to you, but:

Without knowing the quality of the mugs you are after, you should be able to pickup some cheap ones online somewhere. For the quantity you require, you should not have to pay any more than $2 per mug (plus to cost of printing, which should be reletively cheap). There was someone on eBay a while ago selling them printed for $3.50 per mug with a 24 mug purchase. I have just had a look, but cannot find them unfortunantly.

All up, you should be able to get the cost of each ‘pack’ (flyer, biz card, chocolate/lollies and mug) down to about $5.

Best of luck with the campaign

marvelit
    Up

wow i wish! they have been alot more than that, most of them are around 5 dollars printed and delivered.

Where are these people for 2 dollars?!

Big Red Packaging
    Up

I have only done a brief search, but the $2 ones I found are on eBay (item 250313467831).

However, postage may be an issue.

The machines that apply the labels to mugs are about $100-$130, so if you have some free time, you may be able to do it yourself even.

marvelit
    Up

really, they are that cheap? the ones im getting are like screen printed on or something, colour by colour.

Big Red Packaging
    Up

It is likely also a case of “you get what you pay for”.

Alot of the really cheap mugs fall apart and chip easily.

If you are handing out good quality mugs, then it is a safe bet that it will be in front of them for quite some time.

marvelit
    Up

yeah i agree. The cheaper the crappier I would imagine.

Im thinking about dropping the mugs and just going choccies + promo flyer + stickers to stick on PC’s and a business card

Wattsup
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    marvelit, post: 7367 wrote:
    really, they are that cheap? the ones im getting are like screen printed on or something, colour by colour.

I think mouse pads with your logo and details could be a good idea and prob less cost than a mug.

I know when I have comp issues the mouse gets thrown and all I have left is the pad.

Good luck with the mugs…..also a good idea.

divapromotions
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Hi Jacob,
    Can I ask what other marketing strategies you have in your plan at the moment?
    I cringed when I read that you had done a shopper docket campaign. That is one of the biggest wastes of money ever!

The one thing with this plan that I believe might be a fizzer for you… I was thinking about how I would feel if you came into my office offering what you are going to offer.
    Now I would love a mug – I’ve got heaps, but another one wouldn’t hurt, and I love chocolate!! I would also get a really good chuckle out of your DL flyer slogan.
    however, I wouldn’t use your services. Why? Because I don’t need them. And that there in lies your fizzer.
    there is absolutely no point in going into a business that doesn’t need your services. It’s a waste of time and money. There are a million and one reasons why they don’t need your services, but who cared? At the end of the day, they will not buy from you.

So how are you going to get around this? You have already identified the biggest stumbling block for cold callers/doorknockers and that is getting to the right person. This is the same with direct mail. The only way you can find out with whom you need to speak to is by doing research on the company.

Ring up and find out who makes the decisions regarding the computer stuff. Then make some time to see them! This is a biggy! I’m not a fan of cold calling or doorknocking – purely because I’m busy! I have a limited amout of time during the day to get what I need to get done, and to have someone entering into my office trying to sell me something I don’t need – makes me pretty peeved off.

Now, not everyone is the same as me and might welcome you. But if you want the best response, you are going to need to:
    1) Talk with the right person
    2) Make time to see them – show respect for their time
    3) follow up.

If you don’t make some time, and still want to try just walking in – what is your follow up plan? If they don’t need you right then and there, but might in the future, how are you going to keep yourself and your business in the forefront of their mind?

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.