Home – New Forums Tell me straight… My new website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BrisbaneBusinessNetwork
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

We run 2 websites. One that is a business networking site and the other our company website. This is not up and running yet but will be soon.
    Just wanted to get some feed back on our new site.
    http://184.173.20.143/~spancept/
    We have it set up for twitter, facebook and youtube and are setting these up branded as well.
    Looking forward to feed back thanks

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

It’s not offensive, but it looks like a template. Which means that it looks very generic, and thus easy to forget. The logo is also too complex, should be much simpler. If you google for logo best practices or similar you’ll get some good tips on the important elements of a good logo.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi,

Not sure about forcing people to provide name, phone number, and email just to watch a video about your services.

Would people give them freely or say bugger it, I will find someone else.

Also it’s a good idea to put links to the actual websites in your folio rather than just images.

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

I agree with the other posts… The logo doesn’t tell me anything and it’s way too busy. There’s also some wasted space between the log and the social icons. At the same time there’s a lot of clutter through the middle, and it kind of looks a bit messy, with lots of different text alignments, colours, fonts etc.

Maybe it could be better spaced out so that the middle isn’t so crazy.
    Then right at the bottom of the page is the welcome message. Doesn’t seem to have a great flow of information, and at a glance I don’t really get exactly what the site is about.

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

Hi there

Agree with the others..plus, your about us needs to be catchier. As a digital marketing expert, I’m sure you know that you have about 10 secs to capture a visitor’s attention and the first place they often go to it the “about us”. You lost me around 1.5 secs with “We are a results-oriented company with a selection of core services to optimize your performance and shape your profitability”.

After several years in the public sector, I know meaningless platitudes when I see them (hell I’ve even written PLENTY!)

Cheers

Nicole

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.