Home – New Forums Tell me straight… My website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    LunaMarga
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    ::

Hello,

I have recently rebranded my business – would you mind having a look at my website and offer any suggestions you can see to improve it please?

http://www.chellefisher.com.au

Thanks in advance.
    Chelle

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Looks nice but I have a suggestion. It takes too much scrolling before a visitor actually finds out what you are offering. I found myself wanting to click off before I could find out what sort of services you do. It really needs to be immediately in front of your eyes to keep a persons attention as a potential client.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi Chelle,

It is a bit hard to critique a finished product because it is…finished.

I know it is a lot of work to get this far and the work on your site shows.

But I feel you may not have applied a scientific approach to what works on the internet and applied it to the construction of your site.

Typically, I would want to see a larger, hero image and an offer above the fold. As well, a larger standard font and colours that help build an emotional connection.

Along with [USER=28171]@Rowan@quaotic[/USER] , I expect to know what a practitioner offers quickly, what the outcomes are, what the process is and how much it all costs.

Getting Google to love you is also something you could consider as you don’t seem to have a lot of local SEO cues for Google to follow.

It is a complicated path to travel but I feel it would be worth having another look at what the aims of a service website should be and use that to plan future advances.

Cheers

LunaMarga
    Up

Thanks for your comments – they make total sense.
    Give me some time and I’ll come back and see what you think after I have made some changes.

Rowan@quaotic, post: 269739, member: 28171 wrote:
    Looks nice but I have a suggestion. It takes too much scrolling before a visitor actually finds out what you are offering. I found myself wanting to click off before I could find out what sort of services you do. It really needs to be immediately in front of your eyes to keep a persons attention as a potential client.
    Taken on board – we sometimes need another to see what we are missing, thanks Rowan@quaotic.

Paul – FS Concierge, post: 269742, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi Chelle,

It is a bit hard to critique a finished product because it is…finished.

I know it is a lot of work to get this far and the work on your site shows.

But I feel you may not have applied a scientific approach to what works on the internet and applied it to the construction of your site.

Typically, I would want to see a larger, hero image and an offer above the fold. As well, a larger standard font and colours that help build an emotional connection.

Along with [USER=28171]@Rowan@quaotic[/USER] , I expect to know what a practitioner offers quickly, what the outcomes are, what the process is and how much it all costs.

Getting Google to love you is also something you could consider as you don’t seem to have a lot of local SEO cues for Google to follow.

It is a complicated path to travel but I feel it would be worth having another look at what the aims of a service website should be and use that to plan future advances.

Cheers
    Thanks for those suggestions. Do you have a thought on what font and colours to use please? The hero image – should I use myself or another image that sparks an emotional response?

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

They say you have 8.2 seconds to grab someone’s attention, and you don’t have the right information in that 8.2 seconds.

Your about makes interesting reading, but it is not about, its just a sales pitch, put that under the sales pitch heading, and make the about, about you.

Like Rowan, I’m completely in the dark as to what you are really offering

And must disagree with [USER=78928]@Paul – FS Concierge[/USER] a finished product can be fixed if there are issues. Nothing is ever finished, unless you have a closed mind.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Do you have a thought on what font to use please?

Derek Halpern wrote an interesting post on fonts and font sizes here.

It is hard not to notice the amount of white space he uses when he writes too!

Do you have a thought on what colours to use please?

Neil Patel did a post on colour choice here

I feel it is important to be data driven as much as possible, especially around the question “What works?”

The hero image – should I use myself or another image that sparks an emotional response?

I feel it is important to build trust in every touch-point you have with a prospective client. Given, actual clients have to trust you as a practitioner, I would lean towards using your image.

I would try to incorporate snappy headlines, personal and client storytelling and an overall pathway, from where your prospect is now to where they could be if they use your services.

This might give you an idea around a structure that has impact:

Headline:
    One day I was stressed out of my mind and felt totally overwhelmed.
    And then I wasn’t.

Follow Jill’s story HERE (Link Button) and learn 5 techniques to relax more today.

Using actual stories that demonstrate actual benefits is a very powerful way to convey information and gain customers.

I have always liked the way this site is put together from the photography, to the writing to the Call To Actions and social proof.

https://www.ianbrodie.com/

Good luck.

JonJon1212
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

I would move your picture to the top. and would add testimonials section.
    Other than that seems okay

ckgdesign
    Participant
    • Total posts: 48
    Up

It’s really hard to get a grasp of the service you’re offering, and the hierarchy of the website is too difficult for most people to understand in a small amount of time.

The large photo of the flower, and large photo of yourself, when I’m introduced to a brand new site and extremely overwhelming. Your use of typography is all over the place too, which doesn’t help. Users expect some sort of consistency, and your website doesn’t offer this from a visual point of view.

LunaMarga
    Up
    ckgdesign, post: 269994, member: 59271 wrote:
    It’s really hard to get a grasp of the service you’re offering, and the hierarchy of the website is too difficult for most people to understand in a small amount of time.

The large photo of the flower, and large photo of yourself, when I’m introduced to a brand new site and extremely overwhelming. Your use of typography is all over the place too, which doesn’t help. Users expect some sort of consistency, and your website doesn’t offer this from a visual point of view.

Thanks for your feedback. What do you mean by “the hierarchy of the website” please?

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

The header appears too large proportionately and isn’t the most mobile responsive.

businesstrade.com.aubuy or sell a business
    ckgdesign
    Participant
    • Total posts: 48
    Up
    LunaMarga, post: 270005, member: 55789 wrote:
    Thanks for your feedback. What do you mean by “the hierarchy of the website” please?
    Hierarchy referes to what you see first, second, third, fourth (etc). You’re trying to show 2 or 3 things ‘first’, nothing really second or third. So, from that point of view it’s difficult for a visitor get a grasp of what they need to see. What draws the eye could be size, colour, font and so on. It’s important that elements that are ‘first’ aren’t too close to each other.
    businesstrade
    Participant
    Up

The menu (when hovered) becomes unreadable.

LunaMarga
    Up
    BusinessTrade, post: 270143, member: 113709 wrote:
    The menu (when hovered) becomes unreadable.
    Noted and fixed, thanks :)
    businesstrade
    Participant
    Up
    LunaMarga, post: 270214, member: 55789 wrote:
    Noted and fixed, thanks :)

No worries :)

amao
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hi Chelle,

Good effort to build your website from ground up as I am doing the same myself, some suggestions and first hand experience from my professional background as a disability access consultant. As a point of sale:

• Is your premises fully accessible to cater for person with a disability? As a NDIS recipient, they may receive founding for your services.
    • If so, a mention on your website is important and you need to reach out to this overlooked community.
    • I don’t seem to be able to locate where you are based? I assume that you services would require a physical premises, either be a shopfront or at your own home?
    • Some of the fonts are not legible? Sans serif is often considered to be the most legible font for people with vision impairment.

Regards,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.