Home – New Forums Money matters MYOB BusinessBasics or QuickBooks EasyStart 20091/10 ???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MartinNeumann
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hey guys – just wanted some input.

I’m setting up a new business – a service business (not freelancing) – and need a very basic accounting platform.

My basic requirements is that I can create invoices and send them out by email.

Which program do you guys think is better suited? Also, which has the better User Interface and is more intuitive?

FionaFell
    • Total posts: 342
    Up

Sorry to butt in with a third alternative, but I use SimpleInvoices for my invoicing/emailing needs. (Sure it does’t do the expences bit yet, but it is open source and the main developer lead works very cloesly with the community. Plus he is based here is Aus)

Be sure to check it out here: http://simpleinvoices.org/

taximise
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    MartinNeumann, post: 32383 wrote:
    Hey guys – just wanted some input.

I’m setting up a new business – a service business (not freelancing) – and need a very basic accounting platform.

My basic requirements is that I can create invoices and send them out by email.

Which program do you guys think is better suited? Also, which has the better User Interface and is more intuitive?

Hi Martin,

I guess you will find that at this basic level there aren’t much differences, however even so I would recommend MYOB as is my personal choice. Best would be to spend the time and compare the features (on-line) and than ‘take your pick’ according to what is important for you!

Regards,
    Monica

MartinNeumann
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks Fiona – I’ll check out SimpleInvoices.

taximise – yeah, I’ve checked them both out – both have strong feature sets.

Here’s my thinking, now: I’m going to set up a fairly basic (and always up-scalable) Excel workbook and start from there.

I think the learning curve is too much for a start up and once (hopefully) the business grows I’ll then outsource the accounting to either a MYOB or Quicken expert.

Maria
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Hi Martin,

I run my own bookkeeping business and have experience with both MYOB and Quickbooks. My personal preference for prep and email of Invoices would be Quickbooks. It also gives all the functions to maintain accounts for GST and Tax purposes. Always difficult to transfer data from an excel workbook to an accounting package. Quickbooks is user friendly and not difficult to learn. I would be happy to discuss this with you if you wish.

Good luck with your success.

Kind Regards

Maria

sleepyoz
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

Hi Martin

MYOB will be releasing Live Accounts fairly soon – this is a subscription based “cloud computing” model and will suit your needs very well and is always accessible providing you have an internet connection

Why not have a look at Xero – Live Accounts is very similar

Leanne Berry
    MYOB Certified Consultant
    MYOB Partner Advisory Group Member

fiona@vas
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

MYOB vs Quickbooks often comes down to which program you know best…I’ve heard many experienced bookkeepers argue over the merits of both programs.

Both companies offer trials, so I’d suggest you be the judge of which program has the best user interface.

I agree with Leanne – Xero is worth checking out – they too offer a free trial period.

Watotech
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

I was in the same place as you a little while back I ended up going with quick books easy start and have since upgraded to quick books accounting. It has all the features I need (invoicing,stock management, BAS ,GST etc) and it is really quick and easy to use and setup.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.