• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nicolio
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hello,
    I am new to MYOB and struggling! I have a painting company and need to give my customers quotes. I’ve been going into sales and creating a quote but when i try to print it out it prints on the invoice format. When i click on the print button, the quote form is not available!
    Help would be greatly appreciated :D

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up

Go and get a copy of Making the Most of MYOB http://www.dymocks.com.au/ProductDetails/ProductDetail.aspx?R=9781921203275 it’s the best book ever on MYOB for the average user. Much better than MYOB for Dummies.

From my (previous version) copy:

To write a quote go to Enter Sales. In the top left corner there’s a drop box where you can toggle between Quote, Order and Invoice. Select Quote.

If you like you can create a special invoice layout for Quotes, replacing the words “Tax Invoice” with “Quotation”.

Hope that helps!

Rhys
    • Total posts: 325
    Up

Nicoloi,

Melinda is right about using MYOB guides, and the one she has referred you to is by on e of the MYOB Certified Consultants – Veechi Curtis, it is the book I always recommend to my clients.

With regard to the quote you don’t actually need to create a separate form, you just select the invoice – the words at the top of the invoice (where it says “Tax Invoice”) is not a text field but rather a value pulled from the database – so if you are printing a quote it prints “quote”, if you convert this to an order it will print “order” and if you then create an invoice it will print “tax invoice”. So you only need to edit your form layout once (although if you do want differnt layouts for quotes, orders and invoices you have the option of doing that also),

Cheers, Rhys

nicolio
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks very much for your help guys! :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.