Home – New Forums Money matters MYOB Invoice Print PDF issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Curtis
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi there

I’m hoping someone might be able to shed some light on a new problem I’m having?

All I’m looking for is a guide to my next course of action and hopefully who to point the finger at (MYOB or Apple) so I can get this issue resolved.

I run MYOB First Edge v4 on a mac. Until yesterday it worked fine, in fact it still works fine except for saving my invoices as PDFs.

I used to be able to select Print after entering an invoice, then select the save as PDF option that appears in the bottom left of the print dialogue box and all was well.

Now it doesn’t work.

The only thing I can think of that has changed is a system update for Mac OSX 10.6 that I installed earlier yesterday morning.

According to Apple the update hasn’t affected any areas that deal with pdf’s and previews in the operating system, but I’m not convinced.

I can save a PDF this way in all other software packages.

So…if someone knows that this is a known issue with MYOB or with the Apple update, or if they’ve had this problem themselves can you leave me a message? Even if it just says…yes it’s a problem and there is no solution.

Thanks for any help or comments you leave. I’m sure everything will help.

Curtis

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Hi – I use MYOB Account Edge on a Mac. It happened to me a few months ago with the latest upgrades both on MYOB and Mac.

My solution is to Send the invoice to disk (I have an invoice folder where all the invoices for the year are kept as pdf). It puts a PDF there. Then I go to the folder and highlight to edit and add the client name.

See image attached.

NOTE: you cannott change the name when the invoice is sent to disk, but you can in your invoice folder as I do in the method described.

By having an invoice folder for each financial year, it means you also get to keep pdf copies of all your invoices which are easy to search later. Just remember to edit and add the clientname and date on each. Cheers.

nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    KarenC, post: 71422 wrote:
    See image attached.

Even MYOB looks good on a Mac.

Hopefully we will have a Mac version for Nominal which will kick some ass soon !

HBTRADE
    • Total posts: 125
    Up

Not a Mac user, but I understand Macs have a PDF printer built in.
    File > Print > change printer to the PDF one > print

If this type of program isn’t installed, something along the lines of “PDFMaker for Mac” which can be found on download.com may help you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.