Home – New Forums Money matters MYOB Invoicing “Items”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BruceR
    • Total posts: 195
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I have a client who collects Excise and has this set up as a separate “Item” as well as ‘Product A’. Currently the sales invoices show both items but does anyone know of a way of combining these under one description, while still having the 2 items for accounting. The reason is some of their customers don’t want to see the breakdown.

Alternatively is there a way to allocate two account codes to a single item so the allocation can be done automatically?

Thanks!

@HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

There is the auto-build function.

There is the subtotal function on the invoices.

If you use track reimburseables you can actually combine, all the activities on the invoice.

All of these options will be fiddily.

No – you can not allocate two account codes to one item, perhaps set up two seperate items, and highlight them as productA1 productA2.

I am sure you realise that ‘pandering to clients whims about invoicing’ can be impractical for a growing business. You will end up with a very complicated invoicing process. KISS PRINCPLE.

Hope that helps

email me directly if you want to chat about the options more.

BruceR
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Thanks Heather. I totally agree with the KISS principle but I really just wanted to know how/if this could be done.

Bruce

Graeme15
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Numberz, post: 18523 wrote:
    Thanks Heather. I totally agree with the KISS principle but I really just wanted to know how/if this could be done.

Bruce

Bruce

You could setup multiple Tax Codes (like the WET tax).
    Print the Invoice as Tax Inclusive
    Might want to remove the tax code on the indivial line on Invoice, as this shows the combined code;
    Remove the GST amount from the Total under the Sale amount
    The GST amount at Invoice base ie Code/Rate/GST etc is itemised
    Reduce the size of the Invoice field to 0.5 and it will only show the GST amount
    I tried this in clearwater and appears to be OK.

Graeme Robinson
    MYOB CC
    [email protected]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.