Home – New Forums Find the help you need MySQL and GoDaddy.com Account Management

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up
    ::

Anyone here experienced with MySQL and in particular accessing it through godaddy.com account management system? I have a client whose WordPress blog has crashed and I don’t have the knowledge to sort out the problem in the backend.

SydneyWebService
    • Total posts: 51
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 1587 wrote:
    Anyone here experienced with MySQL and in particular accessing it through godaddy.com account management system? I have a client whose WordPress blog has crashed and I don’t have the knowledge to sort out the problem in the backend.

Hi Kathiemt,

When you say crashed, could you elaborate a bit? If you would like to have the wordpress re-constructed, it is quite simple really, what you need to do is to download the mysql database into your computer, re-install wordpress on GoDaddy, then plug in necessary parameters and the database. That should do it.

If your friend needs help, I am gladly to offer my assistance to re-construct the blog.

Your friend can email me at [email protected].

kathiemt
    Up
    quantiva, post: 1611 wrote:
    Hi Kathiemt,

When you say crashed, could you elaborate a bit? If you would like to have the wordpress re-constructed, it is quite simple really, what you need to do is to download the mysql database into your computer, re-install wordpress on GoDaddy, then plug in necessary parameters and the database. That should do it.

If your friend needs help, I am gladly to offer my assistance to re-construct the blog.

Your friend can email me at [email protected].

I wish it were that simple. We can’t access the database otherwise that’s exactly what I would do. Even trying to log into it we get the 500 Internal error message. So I can’t even download the database. I can email you direct – I have her permission to liaise someone to try and get it sorted.

SydneyWebService
    Up

Sure,

You can email me, and see what I can do

SydneyWebService
    Up

By the way, did your friend contact GoDaddy? error 500 means something is wrong with the webserver, godaddy

kathiemt
    Up
    quantiva, post: 1622 wrote:
    By the way, did your friend contact GoDaddy? error 500 means something is wrong with the webserver, godaddy

Tried to email you but it bounced – not sure why :-(

Yes, Godaddy told her they don’t give that kind of support – they’re indicating the problem is with WordPress or MySQL.

SydneyWebService
    Up

DOH!

Sorry, miss an .au

…..please try again with : [email protected]

SydneyWebService
    Up

Hi Kathiemt,

Have you solved your friend’s WP problem?

shamsuthbegum
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

The posting was nice and can anyone explain about the content management?
    ……..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.